Scorching [H]OT-Audio Technica ATH-A900X for $129 from buydig ebay store

m3ta1head

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Audio-Techn...5335869999&campid=5335869999&afepn=5335869999

Fantastic deal-the A900Xs have dropped in price recently. Total bargain at $130-these used to sell for closer to $250! They are essentially a refined version of the A900, so expect all the same things-impactful, deep bass extension, a slightly hollow/recessed midrange, and a pleasing, rolled off high end. They are easy to drive and don't require amplification (although they do shine with a proper source/amp, as any headphone).

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
This is from slickdeals, I picked up a set last night.

Thanks! Been waiting patiently for these to go on sale. My ATH 700's did me justice since 2005 about time to replacem

Just make sure you do the "rubber band" mod when you get these. I was about to get the M50 cans but glad I waited and got these instead, these are a full tier above the M50 phones.

I was supposed to do them with my other cans never did. I will give that a try this time around.

whats so great about htese?

Earth-shaking bass combined with crystal clear mids and highs.

You can pretty much play these as loud as you can stand and they will still pump out crisp amazing sound.

If you have never heard actual pro quality headphones like these its gonna be quite a shock as to how much you have been missing. These are literally like 20x better than the best "beats by dre"

Dead? They're back up to $169.

Earth-shaking bass combined with crystal clear mids and highs.

You can pretty much play these as loud as you can stand and they will still pump out crisp amazing sound.

If you have never heard actual pro quality headphones like these its gonna be quite a shock as to how much you have been missing. These are literally like 20x better than the best "beats by dre"

I love telling people who have Beats to try a superior headphone (if you have one) so they can see they just overpaid by about 400%.

How are these compared to HD-555 / 595?

I had the HD 555s previously and have had these for about a month now.

-Better Sound Stage
-Better Detail
-Cleaner sound at higher volume
-Bass is on par but cleaner
-Warm and non fatiguing (soundwise can listen for hours)
-Super light like wearing pillows (comfort wise can wear for hours)

Overall a bit of an upgrade.

Now to get a DAC or $500+ tube amp, it never ends....

Back