SCI FI Channel Renamed To SyFy

Retard(ED)

When I read this I did a double take on the calendar. I thought this had to be an April Fools Joke.

Once BSG is over,I can't think of much they have that I'd watch,The prequel doesn't sound all that interesting to me.If they air the next season of Dr.Who I'll tune in,but I can watch that on BBC America,along with Torchwood and Primeval.As for their cheesy monster movies,give me a good Godzilla flick anytime.

wow i must admit i am surprised they didn't put a random X in it, or call it Xtreme syfy...
what a dumb move.
But i geuss misspelling stuff us the new "cool" thing to do.
I can understand they need a new name, but can`t they do a contest and have some creative brain come up with a name.

I think ScyFi is the better of the suggestions so far but I'm not struck on it.
time may fix that though, ya know how it goes.
I will always think SyFy is a childish creation.

With Stargate gone, and Battlestar gone soon, with SciFi channel even matter any more?

This used to be the hot channel for Friday nights. Now it's.... nothing.

The horrible sub-B class movies at 9pm Saturday nights just isn't going to keep me coming back.

With Stargate gone, and Battlestar gone soon, with SciFi channel even matter any more?

This used to be the hot channel for Friday nights. Now it's.... nothing.

The horrible sub-B class movies at 9pm Saturday nights just isn't going to keep me coming back.

Who wouldn't come back for Harpies and Sharks in Venice? :rolleyes:

This kinda reminds me of when Nintendo officially named the Revolution the Wii. Except this time they're taking a well-established name and replacing it with something seemingly nonsensical.

Eureka is about the only thing I still watch on that channel besides teh last ep of BSG and Stargate reruns

Syfy?

My 7 year old could come up with a better l33t h4x0r name than that!

Way to kill the channel morons.

I think they are renaming it to fit in and be "cool" with the myspace generation and kids who live texting on their cell phones. Its not "cool" to spell correctly or use correct grammar. Morons trying to sell product to ignorant primates.... But hey, at least they are "cool"! Whatever that means...

I forgot to add that National Geographic is called that no longer... no... Now they are "Nat Geo" "Yeah dood, like I totally want to go watch the nat gee-o show, bro.... huh huh huh huh"

Will the dumbing down of America ever cease?

i like it. it gives the term SciFi back to the community, and keeps the corporate out of it.. even though it sounds the same, at least they have their own name now.

Yeah I spotted it for the first time last night too.
Dicks.

One of the few channels left I still watch on a regular basis. Now I have to put up with Pro-Wrestling on there.

I own all the Stargates, and Startreks on DVD so once I finish buying BSG I don't think I will really have a reason to watch anymore..

I own all the Stargates, and Startreks on DVD so once I finish buying BSG I don't think I will really have a reason to watch anymore..

Don't watch Eureka? Warehouse 13 just started and shows promise. What about the upcoming Stargate: Universe? Caprica starts this fall as well.

I think this name change is one of the worst marketing decisions that USA Networks could make...yes, even worse than ECW. But they do have some decent original programming on right now and coming down the pipe. They just need to stop these ridiculous two minute long ads for the new name.

What bugs me is that on top of the wrestling now, they're showing a lot of movies that simply don't fit into the "science fiction" category, as in the case about two weeks ago where on the weekend they did some marathon or whatever of James Bond movies.

I had to check the channel twice to make sure, and yep, it was SyFy so, I don't know what they're smoking, but I sure hope someone puts it out and gets 'em back on track... and fast.

It's one of the few channels I bother with, but if this keeps up, I'll just find something else to do...

Now I have Syfyitis

Yeah I think We're all coming down with Syfyitis, Dumbest four letter combo(It's not a word yet), It's still the SciFi channel to Me, USA Networks just couldn't copyright SciFi as It's generic, So in their infinite stupidity(they have the stupids, hide;)) It's now SyFy. :eek: :( I hope they like It, It don't mean anything and suing people over It would be a waste of time and money, 150,000,000 to 1 odds(this assumes that about half the US watches the SciFi channel), That's a lot of people. :D

SyFylis

You know, like syphilis.

Oh, Ok, I wonder will the patient live horribly or die horribly? :eek: ;) :D

Although SyFyitis kinda sounds like Wabbititis(Swirling Red, Blue and Yellow spots before ones eyes, Just before everything goes black[unconscious]). ;) :D

So is the sci-fi channel down in the states? up here all I have is space. Also I just recently learned that stargate is shot in BC. I find it kind of funny that it still counts as "canadian content" despite the fact that it is made specifically for exportation to the U.S., also it turns out my highschool football team is sponsored by stargate.

So is the sci-fi channel down in the states? up here all I have is space. Also I just recently learned that stargate is shot in BC. I find it kind of funny that it still counts as "Canadian content" despite the fact that it is made specifically for exportation to the U.S., also it turns out my highschool football team is sponsored by stargate.

No the "Nutwork" just decided to rename Itself recently, Their Marketing Department is just NUTs. :D

Back