School in Sweden uses Minecraft for lessons :o

I was playing Sim City 4 last night and got lost in it for 2 good hours, only for the game to crash and me lose my city of 42,000 people. I was so pissed...

AHAHAHA. Epic.

On topic though, what the hell?

They made a good choice.
I don't recommend using Sim City 4... :mad:

The funny thing is my nephew plays minecraft religiously, and he is 6 years old. Pfft, 13 year olds? What is that? The remedial course? Ha ha

Not sure how they are supposed to learn about city planning and power grids from Minecraft, unless they are using a bunch of mods.

Not sure how they are supposed to learn about city planning and power grids from Minecraft, unless they are using a bunch of mods.

Tekkit. Basically minecraft 2.0, installs in 12 seconds. Best mod (well, collection of mods and some balancing) period.

i remember playing simcity in middle school in one of my social studies classes. the teacher was a young male and i don't remember what the lesson was about, but i did play the shit out of sim city the following years.

My son lives in Sweden with my ex-wife. He's 14yrs and a big PC gamer like dad. I think this is a great way to get kids interested in learning, but I think alot of us are burned out on minecraft at this point. This would definitely be one class that I could ace.

This probably made for the most boring class in the history of the world.

I used to play Oregon Trail :cool:

Back