Sceptre X20WC-Gamer

I heard the frame and mount is lousy but the overall image quality is solid.

Akhen said:
I heard the frame and mount is lousy but the overall image quality is solid.

i i dont plan on useing the mount for very long, thou what do you mean by frame?

Renswic said:
i i dont plan on useing the mount for very long, thou what do you mean by frame?
I think he means the plastic housing surrounding the screen...looks decent to me though. The specs look good but the "5ms" is usually a tip-off that it uses a TN panel and not a P-MVA or S-IPS. Doesn't mean it won't be a good monitor however..

well, got it today, met hte UPS man at his truck and headed into the house, once i got it all hooked up and rebooted the comp

wow, jsut friggn wow. this thing is like sex, it ownes in my online game, vids are cool and even has decent speakers

the pros(so far) it spanks my CRT, it works! no dead pixles that i see nor do i see the back light bleeding i hear about, plus the stand dosent wabble all that much

the cons, no user manual, just a CD that is broken :( required a reboot to work, font is kinda fuzzy and really hard to read on some sites, i only have 1 of the 2 i need :p

ill have more infos later

I know this thread is old (found by google)

About the hard to read font thing all you have to do is download a program called clear type tuning and it will make the text all nice and bold and with out the jagged edges.... I use it and it works good.

Any updates on this monitor? I'm thinking of picking 2 of them up, but need some suggestions on them b4.

Thanks

I've read the DVI input dies fairly quickly, and it sounds like a fairly common issue too

also the contrast ratio is bogus

According to TFTCentral this monitor uses a MVA panel, not a TN, quite rare for a product in this price range. The 176 degree viewing angle is also a tip off.

Ya its MVA. The NAGA III is P-MVA and the old Naga is TN.

Anyways I got my X20WC Gamer today. Beautiful monitor. Went from a 17" 9 year old CRT to this. Its breathtaking. No bad pixels at all. Bright and colorful. And I love the glossy coating.

I know this thread is old (found by google)

About the hard to read font thing all you have to do is download a program called clear type tuning and it will make the text all nice and bold and with out the jagged edges.... I use it and it works good.

Just turn on cleartype in windows! ;)

I've read the DVI input dies fairly quickly, and it sounds like a fairly common issue too

also the contrast ratio is bogus

Umm thats the 22s. Read the reviews on newegg. The 20s do NOT have this issue! :)

According to TFTCentral this monitor uses a MVA panel, not a TN, quite rare for a product in this price range. The 176 degree viewing angle is also a tip off.

P-MVA panels are made by only one company...AU Optronics. As far as I know they only have one model of P-MVA that is spec'd at 8ms instead of the claimed 5ms for this Sceptre. Are we really supposed to believe that this monitor with an P-MVA panel has a faster response time than the 6ms AS-IPS panel found in the NEC 20WMGX2? Take listed specs with a grain of salt..;)

X20WC is MVA not P-MVA. Thats the slower Naga III model.

I'm not doubting that Sceptre uses P-MVA panels in some of it's models (I don't know)...simply the "5ms GtG" sounds dubious for anything other than a TN panel.

I'm not doubting that Sceptre uses P-MVA panels in some of it's models (I don't know)...simply the "5ms GtG" sounds dubious for anything other than a TN panel.

Oh I see what you're saying. Yes I wondered about that for a while too. Companies will stick any old number on stuff these days. Ive seen contrast ratios listed up to 1600:1 hehehe. Im thinking mine is more like 6ms g2g and a 8ms w2b since its MVA. Im with you on only TNs going 5ms and below.

I came from a 19" wide lcd to a 20" (sceptre gamer) and i'd say that its really awesome... If i had a choice i would still buy this again.

I just got this a few days ago but I can't find any drivers at all for this monitor!

Has anyone else found any? They're not on Sceptre's most recent list and I can't seem to find them anywhere else. If someone has found them, could you post a link?

I don't trust this company. They like to put really high CR like 3000 to1 and now they are calling there model number 1080P when it does not support 1080p connection. Idk when people do that it turns me off to the company. But one of my friends got one of there monitors and he liked it a lot

Ugh I can't find any of these monitors anywhere...found one on ebay that wasn't working...lol

Any of you guys still here that have one they would sell me or know of anywhere? :( I really want 2 more for a eyefinity setup, I like this monitor alot...but I might have to sell it for a different eyefinity setup...

Dunno lol it just works good and like its suppose to...looks awesome too?
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Back