Scarlet Nexus

Japanese character designs always leave me shaking my head "WTF?" They rarely make any sense and are overly stylized. Also, the trailer states: "They can't be hurt....until now." However, the hero is simply smashing them with cars and hitting them with swords. Psychokinesis or not, that's just smashing and cutting plant things. This could be done by anything and anyone.

It looks like a typical console game to me. That is to say, it's not that interesting to me. I might pick it up on PC, but only if it goes on sale at a deep discount and the reviews are good.

Game is so weird If the price was cheaper. I don't even think Code Vein was the same price. The gameplay us vertical like Devil May Cry.

Code Vein looks 10 tines better camera is zoomed out too much everything is highlighted outlines.

Out this Thursday might be the game that will make people forget Dark Alliance.

Think I'll skip it bosses don't look all that fun original maybe but nothing compared to Dark Souls bosses.

It reminds me of nier automata for some reason. Reviews look good but not sure if it's something I'd be able to get into.

It reminds me of nier automata for some reason. Reviews look good but not sure if it's something I'd be able to get into.
Definitely more Nier than Souls / Code Vein. I'm good with that. After the massive dump that D&D Dark Alliance was this week, would be nice to get a new game that isn't garbage.

PS - if you're going to do PC - CDKeys has it for $41.99 - not a bad price for a day 1 AAA release. Target has PS4/PS5 $49.99.

Last edited:
this went from barely being on my radar to actually considering buying day one... looks really really good imho.

Funky release time usually this stuff it out at noon or midnight. The think that turns me off its just too fast and zoomed out too much. Basically trying to emulate a old Cave shooter game or your run of the mill Anime that I'll never see. I own Devil May Cry but don't care for it because of the combat.

Last edited:
So who's playing this? I watched some more reviews and some of them point out that the game is really just a 100% linear checkpoint to checkpoint series of battles. Now that would be fine if the story was spectacularly well-written, but by most accounts it's average to pretty good, with lackluster character writing. That kind of kills my enthusiasm for it.

edit: Also the level design looks really bad in some parts of the game... like just rectangular arenas with little to look at, or rectangular "hallways" that funnel you to the next combat.

Last edited:
So who's playing this? I watched some more reviews and some of them point out that the game is really just a 100% linear checkpoint to checkpoint series of battles. Now that would be fine if the story was spectacularly well-written, but by most accounts it's average to pretty good, with lackluster character writing. That kind of kills my enthusiasm for it.

edit: Also the level design looks really bad in some parts of the game... like just rectangular arenas with little to look at, or rectangular "hallways" that funnel you to the next combat.

I'm only an hour in, plan on playing a bunch today. Combat is definitely enjoyable, the story and the way it's presented will probably appeal to the weebs more than anyone else (not surprising) - but it's not terrible - just be ready for every Anime trope of all time jammed together.

It reminds me of Nier from a combat perspective, but so far it's more corridor based.

Don't worry about Weebs I think Tokyo is the focal point of weebs I just caught this video the other day and I was like are you serious?
It's like Japanese culture is focused around a Japanese Manga reality.

While anime has its place, and lots of it is really damn good, great even, I guess I'm just not a big fan when it gets weird and applied to the design/play/aesthetics of a PC game. The completely non-sensical physics and over the top effects/oversized weapons/etc. just don't do it for me. But that’s just me - play on!

Last edited:
Played another 4 hours last night and didn't want to go to bed. The combat keeps me interested, it continues to layer on throughout the game. Playing it on Hard is actually pretty challenging too.

Bought on CD keys
Game is off the Hook it's like a Hip version of Code Vein.

20210707104051_1.jpg

Back