Scalpers Have Sold 50,000 Nvidia RTX 3000 GPUs

Well if you take a look at what news and reports are coming out of China they basically stopped late December and aren’t expected to get back into operation late Feb. Most Chinese exports have ground to a halt, as have many internal operations. I don’t know what’s going on there but it certainly isn’t all fun and celebrating, but it isn’t great that’s for sure.
Well if that's the case the gpu supplies will be even more meager than they already are. Absolutely terrific.

Well if that's the case the gpu supplies will be even more meager than they already are. Absolutely terrific.
It's why AMD has said we can expect more shipments of their reference cards soon, walking back their initial statements that they would be a limited-time release. Normally their reference stuff is made by Sapphire, but I'm sure they could find a qualified vendor in Taiwan to do it.

There is 977 best buy in the USA, over 122 days 50K cards would be less than half a card (every model put together) a day by BestBuy store.
In walmart it would be less than half a card a week by store I think.

For Microcenter 2000 cards by store do look significance (16 a days by store), but there is so few locations

The problem is that some of those people have made a job out of waiting in line for several hours before the store opens. $200-$300 a day (or more) for four hours of work is a pretty good "be your own boss" gig.
For BestBuy, 3000 series cards are all online only.

It is actually the best place to get one, and the FE's are still retail price. I think the FE's are not made in China, so no tariffs applied. All partner cards are chinese, $1700 for a 3090 is a good deal for those, the asus strix is $1979 *if* you can find it in stock anywhere. Newegg does near daily product shuffles - a raffle where you enter for the chance to buy GPU's, some amd CPU's, etc. and you are later notified if you won or not. It's not bad either and randomizes who gets things, which is good to combat bots. Bots basically do not work on Newegg. Best buy puts a large quantity (~500) for sale every 2 to 3 weeks, and they only last a few minutes. People have also had luck on B&H and Adorama.

Last edited:
Back