Scalpers Flip DDR5 RAM on eBay for Up to $2,500

Its all just a hustle now isn't it? So many people just pouncing on all the new gear coming out just to mark it up and flip it. Again, if people keep caving to the resellers and buying from them retail prices are just going to skyrocket. That way manufactures rake in the profits instead of 3rd parties. Its already happened with GPUs so why not lets do DDR5 next...

Don't care really. I can wait. Majority of my gaming these days is on DDR1 systems and plan to skip DDR4 altogether. Got sick and tired of the profit driven upgrade game years ago.

Don't care really. I can wait. Majority of my gaming these days is on DDR1 systems and plan to skip DDR4 altogether. Got sick and tired of the profit driven upgrade game years ago.
Same here. I have no problem waiting for the DDR5 kit that I want. I have the MB and 12900k waiting but my current system is working fine.

Well I'd rather not wait another eight months to build a new system. My 2600K is old AF. 🤣

I just need that 32GB kit of Corsair Vengeance DDR5.

I'm a bit pissed because I have a 12900K and a Rog Z690 Apex sitting in a box on my floor right now. I'm seeing $250 DDR5 sets being bid up to like $1000+ on Ebay....I didn't realize getting RAM would be as hard as getting a GPU these days. I refuse to pay scaler prices, but I also need something in my system relatively soon since I need to be able to return the CPU and/or Motherboard if something is faulty or whatnot. Just watching Newegg and stuff like a hawk now F5'ing all the time...

Note: I contacted Newegg customer service to add DDR5 to the "Newegg Shuffle." I recommend everyone else do the same if you're in a similar situation. I've "won" the shuffle twice now (both with a GPU & CPU) so it is a viable option for real customers. They said they'll foward it to their Shuffle team for review. It's a legitimate concern, because many Newegg customers including myself cannot use the newest Intel Processors & Motherboard without DDR5 Desktop memory which is being bought immediately by bots & scalpers.

IMG_3617.JPG

Last edited:
Let's frag like it's 1999!

Jokes aside, now's way too soon to go buying DDR5. I was planning on waiting until next year, when the DDR5 prices come down and both speeds and capacity go up.

So goes the cycle with every new generation of DDR, though it's funny to note that I was about to skip DDR4 on desktop entirely until I got presented with the opportunity to build a 7700K system to displace my old 4770K setup for next to nothing. Might just have to source some of that B-die DDR4 now.

I figure a DDR 5 system for me in 2024, second to third generation of motherboards out, DDR5 more plentiful hopefully at speeds showing the real capability of DDR5. I just don't see any use case for me, that makes DDR5 worth while. As for the Scalpers, I put blame on Ebay giving them this huge platform that pumps the price up not just on EBay but in general for all sellers and buyers.

Or WinXP. It was out for over two years before DDR2 came along. And vast majority did not switch for a few years. Will be same with DDR5 no doubt.
I skip every other gen. I want to call it an edumukated plan but is just where the chips fell :ROFLMAO:
SDR, DDR2, DDR4. I do tend to buy the best at the time though :)
Bit sad as I now have to wait for DDR6 if i want to keep my OG status eh!

Nobody needs that Ram unless you stupidly bought a DDR5 motherboard.
I just hope Raptor Lake is a drop in upgrade.

Or you just buy a DDR4 motherboard? I think Techpowerup did an article that showed DDR4 3600 within 1% of DDR5 6000 in gaming tests and with 4% in application use (also the 5950X was 3% in front of the 12900k with DDR5 6000 in their "application" tests).

Personally, I don't think my DDR4 3600 is going to kill me until higher speed, lower latency, cheaper priced DDR5 is released.

Last edited:
Back