Scalding Acer 22" WS $190

Is this a good screen compared to more expensive options? I was trying to hold out for a 24" since I'm still using a really nice 22" CRT.

According to online they still have these for the same price at all the best buys near me...

Is the OD version crap?

OD version is better. has 2 dvi and 1 vga inputs. also supports hdcp. otherwise everything else is the same

the 223 does not have hdcp support and only 1 dvi and 1 vga input. still not bad for 200$ otd.

the 223 does not have hdcp support and only 1 dvi and 1 vga input. still not bad for 200$ otd.

Uh, sorry to correct you, but unless Acer is lying/practicing deceitful marketing it does. At least it's splashed on the outside of the box for a 223 (upper right corner). Here's a pic I posted when I bought mine on Saturday. (and yes, they price matched yesterday when I took the receipt back ) :D

P1000580.jpg

Uh, sorry to correct you, but unless Acer is lying/practicing deceitful marketing it does. At least it's splashed on the outside of the box for the 223 (upper right corner). Here's a pic I posted when I bought mine on Saturday.

P1000580.jpg

ok then i stand corrected..i guess the only difference is that the 221 has a slightly higher contrast ratio and 2 dvi inputs

Time for me to hit up OD then. I'll miss you, 19" secondary CRT, but not for long.

The real question is if the 22" will end up replacing my 2005fpw...

I snagged one of these sunday morning.. Nice unit.. ONE red dead pixl near the center but you don't notice it when windows is up and running or your playing a game. OTD for $201...

Ahhhh i can't believe i missed out on this killer deal... and i was going to build a new rig this month to get rid of my 2500+ MP-M too :mad:. I went over to best buy ask saw the only monitor left was the one on display and asked them if the deal was still going on, they said the deals only online now so pray it comes back in stock.

221 has a slightly higher contrast ratio and 2 dvi inputs

Just to clarify, the Office Depot 22" model on sale is AL2216Wbd
It has 700:1 contrast, HDCP on newer revision models, one DVI and one VGA input and a black bezel.

The Best Buy 22" model on sale was AL2223WD
It has 800:1 contrast, HDCP, one DVI and one VGA input and a silver/titanium bezel and integrated speakers.

The X221WSD is a 22" Acer model that is not on sale anywhere afaik, it is similar to the others but has 1000:1 contrast and 2 DVI inputs.

i just went to the local store, 7 in stock, sale through the end of the week. Meh, I'm already on 1080p 37" screen.

i just went to the local store, 7 in stock, sale through the end of the week. Meh, I'm already on 1080p 37" screen.

are you saying the BB you went to still would've sold you the LCD's at $189 or was it back up at the regular price.

what zip code are you in cos all the store here in southern cali are all out. i wouldn't mind getting my hands on a few. :D

All of the stores here in SEPA are out too. Shame the stores with them aren't near the people who want them!

I picked one up in the Toledo area yesterday. One of the BB's sold out, one had 5 left.

Probably one of the best purchases I've made this year, going from 17" CRT's at home.

Moreover, one of the first BB purchases in a while where I didn't feel like I was being dicked in some way.

We have 2405P's at work, and I'm just as happy on this as I am on that. I fired it up, found 0 dead pixels, and nearly busted a chub.

The X221WSD is a 22" Acer model that is not on sale anywhere afaik, it is similar to the others but has 1000:1 contrast and 2 DVI inputs.
According to the specs on the box it's only 800:1. Going by what the box says the only difference between the two is the bezel color.

I just checked for you guys, but the Memphis TN area stores are sold out. There is still at least one in the Tupelo MS store if anyone lives around there and would be willing to pick it up for a latecomer.

There is alot in stock where i live
i live near 2 BB stores if you are intrested in the deal Pm me and we can work something out.

I went and picked two of these things up last night at the $190 price at the Best Buy in Augusta, GA. They still had three or four left as well. They were way up on a top shelf, not advertised at all, just waiting for me. I already have one 2407WFP, now I need to figure out what to do with these two monitors. :D

Is the sale still going on at the stores for those who checked if their local BB has one in stock? when i went to my BB yesterday they told me the Acer's they had left are priced back at $299 and the deal is only working online now.

Is the sale still going on at the stores for those who checked if their local BB has one in stock? when i went to my BB yesterday they told me the Acer's they had left are priced back at $299 and the deal is only working online now.

When I was there last night, they sold it to me for $190. That's all I can tell ya, I'm not sure how long it'll be lasting.

Have them do a price check and see what happens. If it comes out to regular price, ask a manager to price match it to their own site. :)

Just called in to 1888bestbuy and told them they would not take 12% off coupon. The lady then issued me $30 gift card. I suggest you call in and say the same. Just make sure you are a reward zone member. press button to be connect to someone who can help then ask for reward zone customer service

Just called in to 1888bestbuy and told them they would not take 12% off coupon. The lady then issued me $30 gift card. I suggest you call in and say the same. Just make sure you are a reward zone member. press button to be connect to someone who can help then ask for reward zone customer service

Just made the deal even hotter. I called and told them the story of the cashier not taking off the coupon. They said that there was no way to apply the coupon from their end, but they would give me 1500 reward zone points (equal to $30 gift card) to make up the difference. The guy also told me that there is no reason that they should not have taken the coupon, and that the next time I go into BestBuy, I should take the receipt and the coupon and talk to a manager to have them apply the coupon.

That was cool. :)

Just got one at my local BB for $190... this deal lives!!! check with your local store, mine just got them back in stock this morning

That sucks I tried a number of best buys and they wer eall sold out.

Looks like the sale is over now, and they have them back in stock! WTF..

edit: N/M Sale is still on, although I'm not sure how you all are getting your best buys to re-stock them, they told me discontinued and will not be restocked....If you go to their website it is no longer listed unless you do a search for that particular model.

Back