Sbz+ dt770 vs virtual surround USB headsets

Disposed

Supreme [H]ardness
I have the sbz and dt770 and a cheap pair of g430s but for positional audio in fps the g430 seems to do better. I don't think this should be the case is there an option in missing somewhere or am I expecting too much?

Could try plugging the the 770's into the Logitech usb dongle and see how you like it.

I have the sbz and dt770 and a cheap pair of g430s but for positional audio in fps the g430 seems to do better. I don't think this should be the case is there an option in missing somewhere or am I expecting too much?

By "sbz" you mean the Creative Sound Blaster Z, correct? Have you tried using SBX Pro Studio on the Sound Blaster Z?

I have a DT770-Pro 80ohm and a Creative X-Fi Titanium HD. I use CMSS-3D which is basically the X-Fi equivalent of SBX Pro Studio. I have never heard a surround headset that even came close.

Do you have the SBZ setup right? Is the headphone plugged directly into the soundcard? Do you have the surround slider at 80% and the other effects off? The bass of the 770 sometimes makes positional sound a challenge. The bass overwhelms the details.

Back