Sberbank Apologizes for Buying Nearly All Graphics Cards on the Russian Market

Them and all the other miners need to apologize to the world. Video cards have been ridiculous for years now. People are starting to think $500 video cards is normal.

Them and all the other miners need to apologize to the world. Video cards have been ridiculous for years now. People are starting to think $500 video cards is normal.

Hmmmm...

1 - Not going to apologize.
2 - Cards have hit prices higher than 500 before bitcoin even came out.

In certain price brackets it has been normal for years. That was the case long before mining was a thing.
I think he means 480/580 level cards that were supposed to be $200-$300 cards, not the Titan level cards.

I think he means 480/580 level cards that were supposed to be $200-$300 cards, not the Titan level cards.

Correct. Normal meaning average, middle of the road, etc.

Although I guess VR has skewed everyone's perception. I have a 1060 which should be more than enough for 1080p gaming, but I would consider it bare minimum for VR, and it struggles on some scenes.

I paid $579 for a 7970 back in the day, so flagship cards have been pricey long before mining was a big deal. With that said, last year i was buying up RX480 4gb for $169 like candy and today the 580s have been $300 which sucks. For most people it seems to be 1050ti or 1080

I find this quite funny, especially in the states I see used mining part outs all over the place.

Back