SB Audigy 2NX w/RM1500 remote, anyway to use this with non creative software?

Canon

2[H]4U
The creative Media Source software is terrible. I don't like it at all, I only keep it installed so I can use my remote to control the volume but the funny thing is that this software doesn't even make use of all the available buttons on the remote it seems but that's beside the point.

I have been using windows media player for a while because of it's decent media library capabilities. I just installed Winamp tonight to give it a shot (been ages since i've used winamp but hey). The handling of the media library is pretty decent with Winamp now too.

A couple months ago I tried out Fubar but I found the interface lacking, especially for the whole media library aspect.

Anyhow I went through a bunch of plugins for winamp but found nothing that worked with my Audigy 2NX remote.

I have the option of using the remote through my IRDA port on my laptop if there is software that can work with that, so far I havn't found anythiung that works with it (they all seem to be made for those home made serial receivers).

Here is basically what i'm looking for:
1. Ability to function with my creative remote (ideally) or be able to use it through the IRDA port on my laptop
2. Have good media library functions (sort by artist, genre, search etc.)
3. It'd be a real plus if I could get something that'd go fullscreen when i'm not in front of my computer so I can actually see the song that's playing or maybe even select the next song with my remote.

It blows my mind that creative shipped this hardware with such incomplete software. It has a feature that is supposed to allow you to use it with other software but i've never got that to work, just gives these little flashing green box things.

This is my setup:

Laptop:
1.4 Pentium M
768mb memory
Radeon 9000 32mb
30 GB internal hard drive
200 GB external hard drive
Creative Audigy 2 NX w/RM-1500 remote
Logitech Internet Navigator keyboard (I use it without the Logitech software)

If more information is required please let me know.

I figured this would fit in here. Seems kind of HTPC to me.

Thanks for your time.

Well it is from Creative. ;)

Anyways, yeah you can use an IR receiver and software to use would be Girder: http://www.promixis.com/

I believe theres already a girder plugin for the Creative remote.

Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately that isn't a free solution.

Not if you know how to Google. Look for "girder 3.29b" and this is probably the only software I know of that can do something like what you want.

Back