Saw some P67 boards at Fry's today

pxc

Extremely [H]
Asus and I think MSI. The shelf price tags weren't up yet. I guess retail CPUs should be there soon.

I've had a UD4 for a week now. You have been able to buy them at numerous places on the internet for the past couple of weeks. Still looking for a CPU though. :(

LOL, it would be lame if there is a retail embargo on the CPUs for a few more days.

I've had a UD4 for a week now. You have been able to buy them at numerous places on the internet for the past couple of weeks. Still looking for a CPU though. :(
Same, delivered 12/17.
Also still waiting on a CPU. Have a LAN starting thurs/friday, too. Annoyed that I have to use my old rig for it, instead of the SB build. Q8200/GTX460OC isn't as good as 2500K/GTX460OC.

CPUs: January 9th. Earlier would be sweet though.

price.png

Drat, was really hoping for 5 Jan. Also wondering if the HT and extra 2MB of cache is worth the $100 from 2500K to 2600K.

Somewhat amusingly, I'm in the opposite situation, I've got the CPU (an i7-2600K), but I'm hunting for a motherboard other than a UD4 or P8P67Pro. I've ordered a UD7 from an online retailer that claims to have stock, so we'll see if it arrives before I give in and buy a UD4 locally.

Somewhat amusingly, I'm in the opposite situation, I've got the CPU (an i7-2600K), but I'm hunting for a motherboard other than a UD4 or P8P67Pro. I've ordered a UD7 from an online retailer that claims to have stock, so we'll see if it arrives before I give in and buy a UD4 locally.

Oh come on now! You can't just report you have a 2600K without telling us where you got it! Better yet, where I can get one! :p

Oh come on now! You can't just report you have a 2600K without telling us where you got it! Better yet, where I can get one! :p

I picked it up from Canada Computers, they had one in their display case at the location I was at. Their other locations might have some. For reference, I'm in Ottawa, Ontario.

I picked it up from Canada Computers, they had one in their display case at the location I was at. Their other locations might have some. For reference, I'm in Ottawa, Ontario.

Confirmed. Just picked up a 2600K and Gigabyte P67-UD7 at the Richmond Hill location. Need to get my hands on some ram fast-like to put this baby together!

Confirmed. Just picked up a 2600K and Gigabyte P67-UD7 at the Richmond Hill location. Need to get my hands on some ram fast-like to put this baby together!

Get it done, lets see some numbers :)

Did you notice if they had the 2500k in stock?

Sorry skyra, I didn't. My only interest was in the 2600K, and supposedly it was their only one.

If you don't mind, how much was the UD7? Did you notice any pricing on the UD4/5 series boards?

$340 ($339.99) for the 2600K as Atragon said.

The boards were quoted to me as:

$340 for the UD7
~$240 for the UD5
$200 for UD4

I'm not entirely sure I even understand what the point of the UD5 is. It seems most would either go for the UD4 or 7 based on what they are after.

Well UD5 has firewire ports and more USB 3.0 ports. So I guess if you need those than ya =\

UD4 is going to be real popular, being the cheapest with SLI as an option.
/me points to sig.

What mobo would one recommend for OC'ing well a 2600K, and potentially xfire'd 6950's?

Dammit living in the midwest sucks at times, there is only one Fry's in my entire state. It also isn't as good as the west coast ones. The website doesn't have anything listed so I guess I'll have to call them to see if the hour drive one way is worth it.

Mwave also has LGA 1155 boards listed for sale. But they don't have any of the tech details up yet.

Dammit living in the midwest sucks at times, there is only one Fry's in my entire state. It also isn't as good as the west coast ones. The website doesn't have anything listed so I guess I'll have to call them to see if the hour drive one way is worth it.

Mwave also has LGA 1155 boards listed for sale. But they don't have any of the tech details up yet.

Buy.com has the UD4 listed (in stock) for $198 with free shipping.

Buy.com has the UD4 listed (in stock) for $198 with free shipping.

I bought a UD4 from buy.com last week for $189 with free shipping. It looked like a good price so I bit. Now it's just sitting here on my desk with no processor. :(

I think Im gonna throw an extra hundred at the motherboard, get the top of the line asus for around $300. I already have my cash in hand, 2nd 6970 or 6950 to 6970 mod, and mobo and 2600k. God if I hit 5Ghz, I will be very very happy.

I think Im gonna throw an extra hundred at the motherboard, get the top of the line asus for around $300. I already have my cash in hand, 2nd 6970 or 6950 to 6970 mod, and mobo and 2600k. God if I hit 5Ghz, I will be very very happy.

I'm doing about the same, other than I haven't decided between 6970s or 580s. Gonna water cool everything, hoping for great OCs. My new 800D has been lonely.

Sounds like w're going to have the same exact setup :)

hi5!

What case are you getting?

Is there no 100$ board's?
There will be sub-$100 H67 boards at launch. The Gigabyte GA-H67MA-D2H already shows up in price searches for around $80-$90.

P67 boards at launch will start at a little over $100. The Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3 is showing up for $112 and the MSI P67S-C43 is showing up at $120 right now, from one vendor each. The prices should get better with more availability.

I want the Gigabyte UD3P and am thus tempted. Is there any way to know whether $178 is reasonable?

Back