Saw some 6700 XTs

JCNiest5

2[H]4U
I was at Microcenter and saw 4 6700 XTs (when I got to the case). Two people bought two right away and only 2 left. The prices were outrageous! They were charging $800+. So, not only individuals bump up the price, but businesses do it as well. I guess I don't feel too bad now. I want to grab one if the price is MSRP, but heck no!

I will live on my 2080 until the world flips upside down.

Chill on...

FYI, MSRP on some models, like the Asus STRIX are over $800. Which Models were on the shelf?

card:

2021-03-18 09_15_57-Popular Product Drawing Event _ Newegg.com — Mozilla Firefox.png

Last edited:
This is insane for a 1440p card! With mediocre RT performance to boot.

It almost seems like third party partners like asus msi specially are just overpricing the shit out of them. Just nuts. XFX seems to be more grounded in their pricing.

I forgot what exact models, but there was one Asus, one MSI, and two more brands, didn't care to ask. The Asus was one at $869 or something (if my memory serves me correctly). It's insane!

Lack of supply and robust demand are what's causing the issue. Not scalpers. Charging above MSRP was always the norm on hot new launches, it's just much more this time around.
If the price of cryptocurrencies stays up, these GPU prices may be the new normal. I'm not thrilled about it in any way, just stating the obvious.

Lack of supply and robust demand are what's causing the issue. Not scalpers. Charging above MSRP was always the norm on hot new launches, it's just much more this time around.
If the price of cryptocurrencies stays up, these GPU prices may be the new normal. I'm not thrilled about it in any way, just stating the obvious.
You missed my point. Yes is demand but 3rd party partners are raping it. if XFX can afford to sell shit close to MSRP on launch so can MSI and ASUS.

You missed my point. Yes is demand but 3rd party partners are raping it. if XFX can afford to sell shit close to MSRP on launch so can MSI and ASUS.
Unfortunately, I think they're right to do so. Since mere mortals can't buy GPUs at MSRP anyway, I'd rather the manufacturers get the benefit and hopefully develop better products than eBay and the folks running bots. Maybe if the GPU prices are higher to begin with, the demand will stabilize and the price settles. Right now it's just hype and speculation, folks hoarding GPUs to resell on eBay.

Holy moley. Those are as much or more than my 3080 FTW3 was.

But this is why I've also given up trying to acquire cards for my customer builds. I now tell people: "You bring me the video card, then we'll build the system."

Because I just won't be responsible for the amount of time and energy involved in getting a handful of overpriced cards only to have people accuse me of price gouging when in reality I will only be marking it up $20-30 to cover my time dealing with it.

The last video card I successfully purchased for inventory was a 1660 Super and it was $100 over MSRP. I just couldn't stand having to explain that to every customer so that was it. No more video cards until this calms down someday.

I don't like paying high prices any more than anybody else.

If I owned stock in one of these companies though I'd be pretty upset if I knew they were selling well below market price just so a few cranky people on a gaming forum would be happy about it.

Oh it's not just new cards either. Priced an RX580 lately on ebay or craigs list or offer up or anywhere else?

Saw these for sale in Ottawa recently at a Canada Computers. Figured they must not be that rare as there wasn't a single Nvidia card or AMD card besides these and some GT710s lol

Saw these for sale in Ottawa recently at a Canada Computers. Figured they must not be that rare as there wasn't a single Nvidia card or AMD card besides these and some GT710s lol
would be way better just getting a stock 6800xt for msrp....and even then thats more than double than i paid last time. Ill wait as long as it takes to get a reasonable price, even if it takes another year :eek:

Back