Saw GTX 260 at BB yesterday...

caw2007

[H]ard|Gawd
I saw a GTX 260 at BB yesterday, I want to say it was BFG. The price was $450. I haven't even seen one online yet. Has anyone else seen these at retail?:confused:

The 4870 is about to trounce it and they're selling above MSRP?

Given the alleged performance of the HD 4780, I'd pass on that price.

I think the 260 will be lowered to meet the price of the 4870 as soon as it's released in quantity....... I believe tomorrow is the launch date for the 4870, but quantities are supposedly in short supply.......thus may fetch a higher price initially.:eek:

I'm not saying the price is realistic...I just couldn't believe it was there and no where else. I'm sure once the 4870 is out we'll see the GTX 260 and 280 drop at least $100..

Wow that is weird...none on Newegg yet.

I'm hinging on buying my new system...my 24" LCD is in...holy nice!

I had a dream last night about playing SupCom on the 24" LCD...I need a new system bad! I don't think I'll be able to wait for the $100 price drop...need something soon!

I saw a GTX 260 at BB yesterday, I want to say it was BFG. The price was $450. I haven't even seen one online yet. Has anyone else seen these at retail?:confused:

Did you buy one? If no, then what is the purpose of this thread? Just to say you saw a video card for sale at BB? BTW, I saw Elvis yesterday at Walmart.

@HondaCop

The purpose was to let people know they seem to be available at BB and to see if anyone else had seen them online or otherwise, smartass.

Read before you type, it's pretty straightforward.

I was going to suggest maybe getting a 4850, because it'll do almost as well as the GTX 260. However at that resolution the Nvidia card's memory bandwidth should make it dominant. You could get one as a temporary solution and then return it when you make a final decision. What kind of mobo do you have?

@HondaCop

The purpose was to let people know they seem to be available at BB and to see if anyone else had seen them online or otherwise, smartass.

Read before you type, it's pretty straightforward.

I guess someone hasn't had their morning coffee. :D Or should I say bottle of Similac

@HondaCop

Forum Trolls aren't appreciated here. If you don't have anything nice to post, don't post anything at all. I keep telling my 7 year old brother this, and he hasn't gotten it either, so don't feel bad.

@HondaCop

Forum Trolls aren't appreciated here. If you don't have anything nice to post, don't post anything at all. I keep telling my 7 year old brother this, and he hasn't gotten it either, so don't feel bad.

Don't worry, I don't feel bad. Say hi to your twin brother for me. ;)

Wow, stop wasting our time. Your comment was useless and ignorant.

@ SystematicDestroyer

Maybe you should consider a 9800GX2? It'll handle your games no problem and they are cheap enough now to make it worth your while. You can get an eVGA one and then trade up if/when the price comes down on the GTX 260/280.

Odd that the GTX 260 hasn't popped up. The 4870 has already been on sale for since yesterday, albeit in limited quantities, while the GTX 260, which is using plentiful GDDR3 memory, is nowhere in sight. Nvidia really can't afford this kind of delay, what with the fact that it's a slower card compared to the 70 that costs more, so why are they holding back?

Should I upgrade from a 8800 Ultra to the 4870 or the GTX 280? since were on the subject :D
(24 inch LCD btw)

Should I upgrade from a 8800 Ultra to the 4870 or the GTX 280? since were on the subject :D
(24 inch LCD btw)

if i were in your shoes i'd choose the 4870. but read reviews and make your own decision as to which card suits your needs. check the [H] review, and i also like Firing Squad's reviews as well.

Yeah, I'd stay with the Ultra for a while longer till the prices normalize..

I saw two in BB today too and they didn't have the price. Later I called in and found out they were 449, lol; BB Pricegouging, how lame.

I've got a 10% off coupon & 10 reward zone dollars so I could still get it under 400....tempting but might as well wait...my 9600gt can play TF2 at 60 fps @ 1920x1200 high 4xMSAA so I'm not sure why I'm excited about a new card anyway.....

I think it would be best to wait for two reasons....they'll come out with better coolers, less heat and the prices will drop soon. They're just hungry for foolio's like me to hop on a card early just cause I have no patience and overpay for something. As soon as I'd get it they'll introduce a new cooler design model at newegg or something for 350.

I love Digital Vibrance...does ATI have anything like this? ATM I wouldn't get the 4870 it just runs too hot and I might say the same about all these new cards...

The 4870 is about to trounce it and they're selling above MSRP?

That's actually pretty close to MSRP considering it's Best Buy. ;) I went there to buy a new DVD burner not too long ago and they were like $50 for generic/crappy brands, so I got a Samsung (one of the best DVD burners) from newegg for $20 instead

They also sell the 7300GS for $80 (they are $20 with rebate or $30 without on newegg)

Back