Saving up for killer Skylake-X system, please help configure it

Weeth

Gawd
I'm already starting to put $$$ aside for the system which I fully expect to be my last conventional PC as I want to keep it for several years at which time I don't know if we'll be using holograms or bioembedded circuits or whatever.

Unlike many of my builds, sound is not an issue as it's going to live in the room next to my computer room, connected by a mousehole. I have that now for my 6700K and it's perfect.

Some of the non-negotiable basics of the build:

1. Maxed out RAM. I want all 8 (I hope that there will be 8) slots filled.
  2. 4K true video resolution, not dual scalers. 60Hz is enough as I don't game. An approx. 40" screen would be fine.
  3. AIO with minimum 360mm rad... unless a new one will debut by then which has 4 fan/units at 480mm or above... I'm sold on AIO, not a kit. CPU only as I won't be stressing the video card too much.

This is not going to be a "money is no issue" build as if I exceed about $5K all in, my wife will make sure that they can't identify my body even through dental records.

Any suggestions as to configuration, preferred components, etc. would be appreciated.

Six channel memory is the expectation going forward so you're looking at 12 RAM slots potentially, so if you really want 192GB you might be able to make that happen.

This is fun to speculate about but its still a ways off. Can't really begin to get specific on most things yet.

Six channel memory is the expectation going forward so you're looking at 12 RAM slots potentially, so if you really want 192GB you might be able to make that happen.

This is fun to speculate about but its still a ways off. Can't really begin to get specific on most things yet.

12 slots would be a dream come true. I want to throw so much RAM at Photoshop that it could never use it all up!

I'd also like to get the fastest SSD system that is affordably achievable. Is it possible to set up M.2 in RAID1 or 10? Is there a faster way to get a fairly limited volume on C drive (I can even work with 256GB and the rest of the data on other slower drives).

Back