saving settings...

Kebra

Weaksauce
oh'k i got my new pc last week (see sig) its great, all the games run on it at lightning speed great looks sound ect.

but now i am having the same problem as my last computer... every time i shut down and it says logging off it then goes to saving settings... and then stays on that. i then have to manually turn it off

what i want to know is A- does it affect my system in any way ie damage
and B- WTF can i get it to stop its doing my head in.

please help if you can...

If this is a completely new system, in terms of hardware, then I would start looking at what apps you have running when you shut the system down. One of them may be hanging.

hmmm the only ones i have in common with my old system are msn, webroot spysweeper and trendmicro... i will have a go shutting it down with them turned off.

just turned them off and restarted my comp and it works... thank you so much fella, cant belive i didnt think of it before :p

Just as a test, next time you go to shut down, close as many of these tasks as possible before shutting down, using the Task Manager. If it shuts down normally, then you know what the problem is. Then, you can do them one at a time and see which one it is.

Back