Save $100 on Discount Tire Direct on 4 tires - till 10/20

dhahlen

[H]ard|Gawd
Since everyone is posting car deals.... who knows... I love computers, but I need to get to and from work too =)

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/

I just ordered 4 tires for the beater, $167 shipped to my door, with valve steams, lifetime replacement warranty, and free ground shipping. Discount tire will charge a $13 per tire install fee. But I was quoted at over $300 for the same tires, replacement warranty, etc if I had walked into the local Discount Tire and had it all done without pre-purchasing.

The replacement warranty is $11 at the local store, but $8 online. Knock off $25 per tire ($100 total, have to order 4) and you're saving quite a bundle.

Great Deal, get it while you can....

LOCAL STORES NOW DOING IT!!

When I went to get my 4 tires installed - they said they are having a promo on a $100 off deal. I assumed it was similar or the same to the online deal. YMMV but they should be doing this at all the BM locations.

I've bought from DTD before and had a good exp. w/ them. I wish they had the $200 off promo for a new set of tires and wheels. Oh well. At least my new tires/wheels rock compared to the stock ones I was previously rolling in.

Great post.

My sister needs tires but I told her to hold off until I could pick out a good set for her at the local tire store.

Pretty nice deal :) But I have heard that some Discount Tire stores match Tire Rack prices...is this true?

so they send somebody over to mount the tires for you?

You either need to have a DTD store in your area or ask a local tire shop to balance and mount the tires for you. That is of course an additional expense. In my case, since there are many DTDs in TX (at least where I live), that wasn't a problem. However, I had to pay tax.

You either need to have a DTD store in your area or ask a local tire shop to balance and mount the tires for you. That is of course an additional expense. In my case, since there are many DTDs in TX (at least where I live), that wasn't a problem. However, I had to pay tax.

If you buy the tires online from DTD will they install them in store free?

awesome

I need 18's so this helps quite a bit

4x kumho ecstas asts 225/40/18 for $270 is a steal

If you buy the tires online from DTD will they install them in store free?

Yes, just take the DTD receipt with you. They (Discount Tire) also give you free tire rotations for the life of the tires. (Again, just take your receipt w/ you every 6 kmi.)

I got (4) 205 60-15 with the valve stems and the replacement warranty for 214.00. Not a bad deal since I am in real need of new tires.

Yes, just take the DTD receipt with you. They (Discount Tire) also give you free tire rotations for the life of the tires. (Again, just take your receipt w/ you every 6 kmi.)

Is that on their website or something? I have been unable to find any information to verify this.

Is that on their website or something? I have been unable to find any information to verify this.

Just call up a local Discount Tire facility and ask them if tire installation and balance is free if you buy tires from Discount Tire Direct. Or you can call DTD and ask if the local DT store will balance and mount tires for free if you buy from DTD.

I don't see why DT/DTD would've changed this policy, but it doesn't hurt to call and confirm.

I purchased my last set of tires from them (G-Force T/A) a couple months ago. Not only was their service fast, they didn't try to upsell me crap like the other tire stores did. I was in and out in less than 30 minutes (on a Saturday). Furthermore, the rebate for my tires came in less than 2 weeks. In my case, I filled out the rebate online; they sent me email messages on the update of its status...

Just in case anyone is wondering, when I asked last year, DTD said they cannot ship the tires/wheels directly to your preferred DT store (installer). They have to ship it to your residence, and then it's your responsibility to transport the tires/wheels to DT. If you want to have them shipped to a non-DT store, then you'd have to ask that store if they're willing to accept your tires/wheels package from a 3rd party (DTD).

Just picked up two sets myself (14's for my GF and 18's for myself). Pretty good deal, plus the free shipping is great too, offset's the approximate ~$10 price difference between them and tirerack, but regarding the previous poster, Discount Tire will match Tire Rack's online prices, even at their retail locations. All you have to do is call them and let them know what you want, then when you go in bring a bring out of the Tire Rack costs + shipping (usually ~$40), and they'll match that price if theirs is higher after shipping.

Quick side note regarding mounting/balancing - when my order went through there was a link "Do you need to get these installed?", so I clicked yes and it gave me locations near me with estimated prices for install ($19.99/tire)... Seems pretty weak to me considering if you order them in store or whatever they install for free, but I'm going to try and bring in my receipt and get them to do it for free.

All-in-all a great deal either way, thanks to the OP!

I think im going to get mine installed at walmart. $3.50 per tire + $5.00 balance per tire, pretty cheap.

Not going to pay $20 a tire lol

Quick side note regarding mounting/balancing - when my order went through there was a link "Do you need to get these installed?", so I clicked yes and it gave me locations near me with estimated prices for install ($19.99/tire)... Seems pretty weak to me considering if you order them in store or whatever they install for free, but I'm going to try and bring in my receipt and get them to do it for free.

All-in-all a great deal either way, thanks to the OP!

When I ordered from DTD last year, the Web site also said $19.99/tire at a DT store. But the guy on the phone from DTD said it would be free at a DT store. When I went to a DT store, I just showed the receipt and they mounted the tires w/o any problems. I went back earlier this year for the free tire rotation. I didn't bring the receipt w/ me, thinking that DT (corporate) would have it in the computer system that I bought the tires/wheels from DTD, which have lifetime free rotation/balance. However, since it was a different DT store I went to, it wasn't in the computer system. The shop did it for free anyway, taking my word, but said I should've brought the receipt.

I sent this deal to a friend who's looking for a set of 4 tires. However, by the time he got around to it today, he said the $100 off promo expired. I told him to call up DTD and see if they could waive the expiration date so that he can take adv. of the extra $100 off. We'll see.

I ordered some 18" tires for my wifes 06 Maxima.

$476 "Out The Door"

Thanks OP, Great deal!!!!

Anyone receive there tires yet? I wasn't charged for them and the guy had to redo my order and said they would be in the mail Monday and he charged my card then.. so if you havn't received them yet just give them a call.. I tried to to get them to ship it faster but that was possible. So if you haven't been charged or haven't received them yet i would give them a call....

if your lazy heres the number: 1-888-459-4081

I got mine on the car...

Local stores are doing it now. $100 discount in store

Mine was put on the wifes Maxima today for $25 "out the door".

Tires were the Falken Ziex 245/45r18

Didn't want to try your local Discount Tire dealer?

Discount charges $20 per tire... mounting/balancing... thats a ripoff. I had to haggle them down to $59 for all 4 + $8 (2x4) disposal fee.

However, when DT does it they will balance/rotate them for the life of the tire with your receipt which is a decent advantage.

Not hard to give $100 bucks off when your charging $50 bucks more a tire. 261 a tire for 285/70/17 BFG KM2s, they're 211 at tirerack.

Well the Ford dealership is just a mile from my house, if that much. And it's not even a year old yet.
So I thought they would have good new equipment to do the job. Plus they gave me a 1 year road hazard warranty. Said they would pay up to $150 per tire(I didn't even pay that much for each one). Can't beat that deal with a stick.:D

Discount charges $20 per tire... mounting/balancing... thats a ripoff. I had to haggle them down to $59 for all 4 + $8 (2x4) disposal fee.

However, when DT does it they will balance/rotate them for the life of the tire with your receipt which is a decent advantage.

I'm surprised DT is charging for that when you buy tires from DTD. It must be either a new policy or maybe only "participating" DT give free balance/rotation when buying from DTD. :confused:

In my case, I got my tires back, so I don't know if they would've charged for disposal fee. Also, I bought wheels from DTD, so maybe it takes a combination of tire and wheel purchase to get free mount/balance/rotate for life.

Well just got off the phone with a "supervisor" at DTD. One set of tires I order is just going out today and my second set hasn't even got a tracking number yet. This is rediculous, I know they're busy because of this sale but I ordered on 10/20 and their policy is ship same day or next business day. I would've expected a couple day delay but not 7-8 buisness days before they even ship out. The guy on the phone also nicely informed me that I won't be getting free mounting and balancing either because they do not do that at DTD, only instore, which apparently is more expensive, but isn't true because they will match any price found online (even TireRack). After trying to explain this concept to the guy he proceeded to tell me that I should be happy with the deal I got because they were selling the tires "below cost" (yeah right...). Then, instead of trying to apologize for the inconvenience, he offered to go ahead and cancel the order for me, basically telling me that he didn't want my business. I ended up keeping the order because I didn't want to hassle trying to find new tires and blah blah, but I'm definitely not very pleased with their customer service and don't think I'll be buying from them again. Too bad, thought it was a great deal but turned out to be not so great, guess thats how it goes sometimes.

all prices are negotiable except for michelins, if you guys knew how to haggle pretty much every tire has 20-80$ markup on it, i used to work there and they can change the prices easily if you ask

the two locations by my house said they could not mount and balance for free. It would cost 20$ per tire. some of you who got it for free are lucky bastages...

Back