SATA3 & USB3.0 Parts for 800D?

Activate: AMD

[H]ard|Gawd
Have these been discontinued or are they just out of stock? They no longer appear to be available directly from Corsair, but they haven't answered any of my attempts at communication. Anybody have any info?

I have a complete set of the front upgrade kit ports spare and the sata 3 kit :)

I didnt realise when I bought my case that corsair already upgraded the front panel from usb2 to 3 and changed the sata panel on the inside, so I also bought the upgrade kits and never needed them. The place I bought them from still listed it as sata2 and usb2, so I ordered the 2 kits along with the case only to find corsair had already upgraded it.

As for your question, I am sure Corsair will still have kits available, also they upgrade them for free last time I heard, if you own a 800d with usb2/sata2 ports, they will send you the front panel and internal sata upgrade kits for free.

Yea, I tried to just get in contact with their support just to ask if they were available, but they use one of those horrible contact forms that has 25 different options to try to categorize your problem, but none of them are applicable and theres no other option. This was 2 weeks ago and no response. Kind of disappointing from a company with customer service as talked about as Corsair's.... I hope I don't have these problems when I RMA my keyboard

Be careful with the SATA3 upgrade kit, especially if you intend on running more then one SATA3 device on it. I could never get it to work right with multiple SATA3 SSDs in RAID, tried different controllers and cables and I always have drives have errors and then drop out of the array. Take the hotswap backplane out and everything works fine. Other people had similar issues and Corsair never gave an official response to us on their support forums, the advice was to just not use the backplane.

i have heard of the problems related to the sata backplane, I think if I recall its todo with the power connector, the previous sata2 backplane made you connect seperate sata power connectors for each drive, but on the sata 3 backplane it only has one sata power connector powering all four drives.

i did read about some problems but I have 7 hdds in my case and all four ports on the backplane are used and I have never had any problems as of yet, fingers crossed.

It could be that I have no problems because 3 of those ports are used by ssds and only one a normal hdd, so maybe the lower power draw of the ssds helped me avoid any problems ?

Back