SATA PHY +2.5V at 2.128V on Areca 1280ML!! ALL IS LOST!!

zephyr22

n00b
Hello.

I really hope someone can help with this.

I have a server running Esxi with 8 VM's.
One of these have a Areca 1280ML as pass-through and has been working perfect for many years.
Yesterday i noticed that Plex would not find any files and i checked the VM.
My raid volume had disappeared. Logged in to ArcHttp and found this

1587931637003.png

1587931755833.png

Checked my voltages and found this

1587931823251.png

I guess 2.128V is WAY to low, but I don't know where this voltage comes from. The PSU or the card?

The result now is this.

1587931935224.png

AWESOME!!

All this disks should be in the same array.......

Please help.

Attachments

• 1587931677554.png
    1587931677554.png
    49.7 KB · Views: 0
Were you using hardware raid on the card? The data is gone unless you have backups or you want spend aloooootttttttt of $$$$$$$ on a raid recovery. ZFS for the win. I would look into it.

Were you using hardware raid on the card? The data is gone unless you have backups or you want spend aloooootttttttt of $$$$$$$ on a raid recovery. ZFS for the win. I would look into it.
The data is hardly gone. You can recreate the array without initializing it and be back to exactly where you were. ZFS is actually far worse to recover from (impossible in many cases) and has many drawbacks.

Reactions: M76
like this
I was using hardware Raid 6 and has already tried the RESCUE command. I am also in contact with Kevin at Areca so hopefully he will help me work some magic on this.
As Blue Fox says, the data is not gone. It's just lost at the moment :)

All disks still remain in the same caddy as they where when the raid failed so thats good.
Not touching anything before I get a response from Kevin again.

I also understand that the No-Init solution really should be a last resort kind of thing so I'm leaving that for last :)

once you had the voltage issues should have waited for a new card/tech support (hopefully the ReBuild did not destroy the array, may require professional remote access once you get the replacement card to get the array back online)

PHY is as far as i can tell is the SATA controller for the ports so low voltage would make sata signal to weak to operate

(raid is not a backup)

Back