SATA External Enclosure - RAID 5

Blackwind

Gawd
I have been working non stop and my PC has not been as important as it should be as of late. I had been planning on building a new system and have put it off for a while. Rather then using a RAID 5 setup for all my data (documents, pictures, music) as I usually do....I have taken the lazy man approach and had been saving everything to a Lacie External hard drive......(500GB)

Murphy's Law being what it is...my Lacie external took a nose dive this past weekend with a head crash. I'm looking into building an external enclosure using SATA/eSATA drives and using USB 2.0 or 1394 to connect it for now. RAID 5 capabilities are a requirement. Any recommendations?

Nothing....hmmmm...

Yes, because in an hour, people are able to answer you. :rolleyes:

As for answering your question, I am unaware of anything that is external and Raid 5. I know a bit, but perhaps a few others around here will know for sure.

Murphy's Law being what it is...my Lacie external took a nose dive this past weekend with a head crash.
First off, anybody who buys a prebuilt Lacie external drive should not be called a "Gawd". They outta be called a "Chowder Head". Buy an internal drive, and a nice external case.
Second off, if you're so concerned about cost that you bought a Lacie external drive, you probably can't afford a decent RAID 5 solution.

Saying that, what's your price range?

Back