Sapphire X800 GTO 2

Mabrito

Supreme [H]ardness
I just noticed, Newegg finally got this card in. Does anyone planning on buying one, to see if it does indeed flash to X850 XT speeds and pipes? I will jump all over this card, if it does. Just wondering if anyone has ordered one, or is planning on it, and just want to know how the flashing goes.

aeon said:
been waiting for this, buying mines right now. :D

If you are going to flash it, which im assuming you will. Please let us know how it goes, and if you do a successful flash, please also tell us how the overclocking goes, and how does it compare to the other X850's out there.

Lazy_Moron said:
If you are going to flash it, which im assuming you will. Please let us know how it goes, and if you do a successful flash, please also tell us how the overclocking goes, and how does it compare to the other X850's out there.

well, i won't be able to play with the card until I get all of my parts. still looking into a 3800 x2 and a good motherboard for it.

Looks like a great card...I'm thinking hard on it...anyone have links to good benchmarks/reviews? :)

EDIT>>>Reviews at Allsatrshop look good.

holy mother...i also juss came across this :eek: if i had a pci-e mobo, id get this in an instance

Yeah I think im going to order this in the next couple weeks. I mostly play CS:S and DOD:S and then some other games here and there. Plus I only got a 15in screen, so im sure I can get the highest qualitys out of it. HDR really isnt a importance to me, so a 6800 or 7800 card is out of the question.

Lazy_Moron said:
Yeah I think im going to order this in the next couple weeks. I mostly play CS:S and DOD:S and then some other games here and there. Plus I only got a 15in screen, so im sure I can get the highest qualitys out of it. HDR really isnt a importance to me, so a 6800 or 7800 card is out of the question.

Uh...HDR can be handled by that card without a problem. I play at max settings with 4x AA and 8x AF and I still get a stable 90FPS with 32+ players on screen @ 1280x1024 (PC specs are in my sig).

Leon2ky said:
Uh...HDR can be handled by that card without a problem. I play at max settings with 4x AA and 8x AF and I still get a stable 90FPS with 32+ players on screen @ 1280x1024 (PC specs are in my sig).

Yeah it can like in the Source Engine and such. But what I was talking about, future games coming, will be using Smart Shader 3.0 effects for the HDR, and the X800 series cant do Smart Shader 3.0 effects.

orded last night along with a new mobo. i will have it up and running next week and i will report back. only setback is a need a new waterblock so that may take a few days to get here.

side note, newegg last night $199 in stock, this morning outta stock
10am $215 in stock 10:32 outta stock
11:14 am $219 outta stock till 10/4/05

nice price gouging.

mine is on its way, coming in on monday along with the rest of my other parts.

Just got my cpu in today. Ordered on Tuesday and got it today (Thursday). :D

Damn, I noticed it out of stock this morning at $199, now $219.
I guess I'll see how the X1800/X1600s look in 5 days. Maybe the price will drop back to $199 by then.

Got my system together on Saturday and flashed my GTO2 card. I unlocked the pipes to 16, but my card isn't running stable at 540/590. I scored over 6000 on 3dmark05 at 540/590. I have it set at 500/590 and so far so good.

Well, it seems like this card might be also short lived. The X1600 also sounds really impressive, and will probably perform better than this card. Its only 50 dollars more also. Smart Shader 3 support, 12 pipes(still doesnt mean its not going to be fast, since pipes arnt the only factor these days), and higher clock speeds.

whoa aeon, thats impressive, got shots of the score AND ur new video card :p

well, I just ran 3dmark05 a few more times and I'm getting no where near 6000 for some reason. I did underclock my card to 500/590 instead of 540/590 when I got over 6000. Right now I'm getting an average of 5000. I don't know why it has dropped so low. I'll try and get some pics of the card up soon.

aeon said:
well, I just ran 3dmark05 a few more times and I'm getting no where near 6000 for some reason. I did underclock my card to 500/590 instead of 540/590 when I got over 6000. Right now I'm getting an average of 5000. I don't know why it has dropped so low. I'll try and get some pics of the card up soon.
ah cool looking forward to seein it

Just ran 3dmark05 again this morning and my score went back up. here are some pictures.

screen.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

1.jpg

N H O said:
i need to stop looking at this before i order one myself :p

Lol if you have any idea how long I've been waiting for an "excuse" to move to 939...it presents itself. Well, to PCI-E, so it's implied.

Just ordered mine tonight, should be here in a few days, I can't wait!

just got mine tonight. Slapped ATI Silencer on it and unlocked it. Ran DoD:Source @ 1650x1080 with 8x AF on DoD_Flash with ~40 players on server. FPS was 30-60+. Card was @ 520/1200. My max temp was 62*C.

Got mine today. Unlocked and Oc'd to 540 Clock / 590 Memory ( XT PE speeds ) , runs 3d mark 05 @ 5871 on my 3000+ a64 w/768 mb of pc2100 shit ram. Badass card.

Meh, I think im just going to go with a regular GTO. Way to much money now. Plus I only game on a 15 in screen, so FPS is still going to be great at high quality settings, and I play CS:S 80% of the time anyways. Probably order it sometime this week.

You know, if you're going to spend that much on a video card... I would grab at least a 17in screen... one that can handle a high refresh rate. That'd be a much bigger upgrade than a new video card...

Geez that GTO2 card make me wanna chuck my Gigabyte 6600GT turbo force editio out the window, that card sounds so perfect and performs great, damnit i paid $370 AU for my 6600GT :mad: at the beginning of the year. anyhow congratz on the card i hope i cang et one soon.

i got mine a few days ago and it hits well over stock xt pe speeds i am just waiting for the ati silencer to get here before i see what she has under the hood.....such a good deal at $213 shipped....

Jesus, buying a GTO is like buying gas.

$2.00 For Gas Day 1
$3.00 for Gas Day 3

$199 for GTO2 Day 1
$299 for GT02 Day 3

Next thing we know we'll have my state's governor fining Newegg for price gouging during a wide spread panic :p

Back