Sapphire X800 GTO 2

isnt it funny how these things are still very exciting after seeing how underwealming the x1600 is... seriously...

Sottilde said:
You know, if you're going to spend that much on a video card... I would grab at least a 17in screen... one that can handle a high refresh rate. That'd be a much bigger upgrade than a new video card...

Not really. The new games that are coming out now like F.E.A.R is bring my X600 to its knees. I really want a better card for F.E.A.R and Unreal 2007 when they come out, so at least ill get stable and playable framerates 99% of the time. Plus the highest refresh rate my monitor does is 75. Im lucky to even get past 60 on todays newer games.

crap, should i sell my x800xl and pick up one of these? i wasn't planing a video upgrade till next summer at the earliest, but if i can get an x850 for like 50 bones after i seel my old card i may have to do that

check the ebay, this is going for well over 300
if you can still buy this at 200~ then buy a bunch, nice profit lol

Yep, for $200 this card is unbeatable.

Got mine in, flashed and now running 540/590 without problems. (41c idle, 60c load on stock cooling). Just for shits I tried 550/600, which also works fine, core is good up to 570 where it crashes. I havn't tried more on the mem yet.

Hey i'm just happy with the 540/590 (x850xt pe speeds)

I'm just going to link this cause its big (1600x1200)- 3d05 6336 :)
http://www.needmoreboost.com/wes/x800pe23.jpg

Lazy_Moron said:
Well, it seems like this card might be also short lived. The X1600 also sounds really impressive, and will probably perform better than this card. Its only 50 dollars more also. Smart Shader 3 support, 12 pipes(still doesnt mean its not going to be fast, since pipes arnt the only factor these days), and higher clock speeds.
Anandtech said that this card was born from a lot of R480 dies that ATI sold to Sapphire on the cheap to clear R480 inventory as R5xx production ramps. If you are considering jumping on this, I wouldn't wait, as the supply is probably fixed and may never be replensihed.

Woot, the prices of this card are dropping on the Egg. Once its around 200-210 and in stock im buying this card so fast.

Got mine for $219 at PC Club here in Ohio. Didn't think this card was going to be that great but I was wrong for the money it is a great buy.Also what is the easiest way to flash this card. Thanks

can someone please help me flash the card with a cd-r, aim me at chadahoochie02... ill paypal you!
thanks
-chad

PCfetish said:
isn't it still a steal at 250?
basically 850 xt pe for 250?

Its still a good deal. Its just it used to be $200 and then some price gouging happened before I got the chance to order one. I know if I order one know, it will go down to $200 again in the next week.

It's out of stock... :(

For $200, I think I'll just pick up a 6800 nu...PCI-e, 256MB...

damn!, it was in stock at newegg and cheifvalue for like few hours then went OOS again
keep checking, it was in stock for $199

Got mine at atacom, it came in yesterday. I'm currently running it at 520/570 and got 6041 in 3dmark05, orb.

Ok im about to lay the smack down on one of these cards this weekend. It was my birthday today, and lets just say I made a good amount of money. I know its $250 on Newegg for the retail edition, but I just dont feel like waiting for it to go down in price or wait for the OEM one to come back in stock.

Question I got now, what are the power requirements for this card. I only have 300 watt power supply, but alot of the X800XL's require a min of 300 watts so I think I should be good. Am I correct?

Also, I know I need a better heatsink, if I want to overclock it to XT PE speeds. So I dont think im going to jump on a better heatsink right away, but for sure I will be unlocking the other 4 pipes. How much of a performance increase will that provide for just unlocking the pipes?

Your sig system? How many amps on +12 does your PSU provide, and what brand/model # is it?

DougLite said:
Your sig system? How many amps on +12 does your PSU provide, and what brand/model # is it?

Does 19 amps on the 12 volt. It some power supply that came with a HP computer. Made by Hipro, so that means some crappy brand power supply. I mean, I heard of Shuttles computers power supply running 7800 GTX on a 300 watt power supply. But I heard those power supplys pack alot of power though.

Ouch. You need to head to the Power Supply Forum and see about a high quality replacement for that PSU. 19A on +12, especially at an unrealistically low rated operating temperature, is totally inadequate to power what is an effect an X850XT in addition to a P4.

Pick up a Fortron FSP series unit, Antec True Power, a Seasonic, or other similar high quality PSU. As you point out, there are huge differences in quality and power output of power supplies, even if they have the same wattage.

This unit is quite capable, and also future resistant. If you have any more PSU questions, please post them in the PSU forum.

diablo111 said:
It's out of stock... :(

For $200, I think I'll just pick up a 6800 nu...PCI-e, 256MB...
u crazy.....why not juss get an x800pro instead?

Jonsey said:
Ah, I live for these moments:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814102595

That's a $200 OEM GTO2, at least when I posted.

Yeah I'm aware they still have it listed. The problem being it's out of stock. I've checked autonotify and haven't gotten any emails. :(

PCfetish said:
isn't it still a steal at 250?
basically 850 xt pe for 250?

It's still a good deal. Although for 250 not as tempting considering how much they're discounting the newer cards. You can get a 7800gt for only 90 bucks more.

N H O said:
u crazy.....why not juss get an x800pro instead?

I hadn't realized the x800pro had come down that far...under $200 is a great deal...thanks for the heads up!

Head over to anandtech if you need help flashing your card as well. Some guy posted an iso of bootable dos cd with both the modded bios and original and you pretty much just have to pick a number as to which flash you want to do. Very handy to have around if you ever want to go back to stock.

As for the question about unlocking the pipes and not overclocking it, it'll perform almost identically to a stock X800XL.

I'm seriously considering selling my X800XL and getting one of these. But I'm currently waiting on a answer from my mate for a 7800GTX dirt ass cheap (like $200 cheap), if he doesn't come through I may get one of these, but I'm still afraid I'll get like a shitty core that won't beable to beat my current X800XL.

ND40oz said:
Head over to anandtech if you need help flashing your card as well. Some guy posted an iso of bootable dos cd with both the modded bios and original and you pretty much just have to pick a number as to which flash you want to do. Very handy to have around if you ever want to go back to stock.

As for the question about unlocking the pipes and not overclocking it, it'll perform almost identically to a stock X800XL.

Thanks for the heads up. I was hoping something like this would come up, as I'm all out of floppy drives. I believe I threw the last ones away a month or two ago when I was recycling stuff with my dad...lol

Leon2ky said:
I'm seriously considering selling my X800XL and getting one of these. But I'm currently waiting on a answer from my mate for a 7800GTX dirt ass cheap (like $200 cheap), if he doesn't come through I may get one of these, but I'm still afraid I'll get like a shitty core that won't beable to beat my current X800XL.

GTO2 stock when unlocked to 16 pipes is exactly the same as an X800XL. Same clocks, same number of pipes. So if you can get the GTO2 for little money out of pocket, you're pretty much guaranteed atleast an X800XL without any overclocking.

Back