Sapphire Warranty Poor, Sapphire Forum dysfunctional

BillParrish

Supreme [H]ardness
This post is an attempt to provide a more targeted "hit" on "Google" so the problem below is communicated to a larger audience. If this is in violation of forum rules, remove it.

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1234926

Well a fairly extensive search found no email address for either Sapphire or ATI marketing as those are the people with the pull to get this sorted out.

In case some Sapphire or ATI person of merit reads this:

Due to an OCing and voltage adjustment "foray" of my own doing my Sapphire/ATI X1900GT card now artifacts and needs to be replaced. I was going to wait until next week to see what the new ATI's had to offer as the 8800GT's price gouging was annoying (but thats the free market, no problem, just annoyed I cannot wait for it to be over) and actually the game I play is not all that video card demanding and the recently announced ATI drop in price for the new cards was interesting as I would not be paying for more video card than I actually needed.

YOU JUST LOST A SALE (Sapphire a card, ATI a gpu).

EVGA's customer service has always astounded me since they REPLACED faulty overclocked cards about a year ago for customers. I intend to both take advantage of and reward superior customer service and warranty terms as I do not now give a rats rear end what comes out of ATI next week. I will now gladly pay the premium for an EVGA Nvidia card and enjoy the piece of mind and improved performance.

I will strongly encourage my customers to do the same. If even 1/2 listen, and typically all of them do, thats another 50-100 cards a year, bye bye. Oh, and see if I recommend a laptop with ATI graphics, not likely.

It appears all of this could have been avoided if someone/anyone on the Sapphire forum had the tiniest bit of customer service intelligence. Sometimes things cannot be done due to stock limitations even things as silly as business rules but to talk to a customer like that and to allow ANYONE I do not care who they are, to represent your company in such an unprofessional manner, reflects on you and it does not matter if you employ them directly or not. Get a clue, go to the memory forum here and see what/how the Corsair (yellowbeard) or OCZ (OCZAndy)representatives conduct customer service, you will learn a lot.

I think Kyle should investigate into this, he is quite fast when someone posted something bad about BFG before. I think Kyle should also say something after investigating to protect [H]ard members if this is true or to stop these rumours if it is not true.

does sapphire guarantee oc'ing ?

From here:
http://www.sapphiretech.com/us/support/warranty.php

Product Warranty will not be valid even if returned after purchased for the following cases:
Products that are defaced or physically damaged and modified by customer.

Products that become non-functional due to customer improper use.

Products that cannot be verified as Sapphire products.

Products that do not have a matching serial number between the product and the original receipt.

Products not sold from our official distributors or resellers.

Click the link guys. Bill is saying he will not BUY another ATi card because of the way Sapphire is treating customers with legitimate warranty issues.

Yep, I messed it up, my fault, not even thinking of returning it and I beleive it is out of warranty anyway.

As has been suggested in the linked thread, the word needs to get out on how ATi's partners are treating their customers, weither by Digg or other means! If anything in working the last 8 years in customer service has taught me, this is a totally unacceptable manner in which to treat a customer.

This is the main reason I will *never* buy an ATI card.

I'll eat my own testicles before I buy an ATI GPU.

on my second sapphire card,first replaced by newegg as it did not work out of the box.still do not know if it works because my 6000+cpu is dead.if this is the way sapphire and amd conduct themselves i am in for big trouble.amd was out of 6000+ and 6400+cpus which i find hard to believe.:(

I have had 2 Sapphire cards and never had any trouble with them. However I did not have to RMA either card.

BBA cards are fine and their warranty coverage is great. Sapphire coverage is a freaking joke and I will never buy another one of their cards again. BBA cards may be assembled by Sapphire, but that does NOT make them Sapphire cards. You spend several hundred dollars on a graphics card and save 5% on a Sapphire brand for no warranty? Not worth it. Their forums were an utter joke, 2 years ago when I had problems.

BBA cards are fine and their warranty coverage is great. Sapphire coverage is a freaking joke and I will never buy another one of their cards again. BBA cards may be assembled by Sapphire, but that does NOT make them Sapphire cards. You spend several hundred dollars on a graphics card and save 5% on a Sapphire brand for no warranty? Not worth it. Their forums were an utter joke, 2 years ago when I had problems.

it's the same story now, i'm afraid.

Um, what's in the MBP? I'm not trying to go OT or even be rude, but I do have to ask...

I won't build any more PCs with ATI graphics(at least, not from Sapphire).... but an exception might have to be made depending on which way the winds at Apple blow...

while it's not right to swab all of ATi's add-in board partner's with the same brush, it would be fantastic if some of them started to actually advertise their warranties... but they wont because in their current states, they're not selling points.

Agreed with above poster,I know Kyle would never do such a thing.He really does care
about the community at large.and is brutally honest.I hope someone here with pull (Kyle) looks into this for LadyHawke and the [H] community at large.It has the forums here and elsewhere in quite a stir !

there's nothing to suggest either way/whether or not a sapphire rep's been contacted.

if there was someone to quickly contact about this (which i doubt there is) who might be able to speak on sapphire's behalf, i would imagine the proper channels have already been notified.

my imagination's wild, however.

All right, let's suppose that Gr33nGecko puts you at gunpoint and tells you to either buy an ATI card or eat your own testicles. What do you do?

All right, let's suppose that Gr33nGecko puts you at gunpoint and tells you to either buy an ATI card or eat your own testicles. What do you do?

Yank the gun from him and shoot him in the head for being a douchebag of a support rep (whether he's "official" or not).

And to the guy mention Nvidia threads being closed and what not... there was recently another member that made a thread about a problem he had with (I think it was) BFG. Kyle came in and took over and the guy got his problem resolved (or least on the way to being resolved).

nd to the guy mention Nvidia threads being closed and what not... there was recently another member that made a thread about a problem he had with (I think it was) BFG. Kyle came in and took over and the guy got his problem resolved (or least on the way to being resolved).

The guy claimed there was a batch of faulty BFG 8800GTs which isnt true.

To add a bit more to this case, this isnt an isolated incident, after reading the Sapphire Forum, it occured that we will have to go through the same people to RMA a Sapphire product online. They arent pleasant.
I'd be banned if I had to speak to them but I'd sure let them know how crap they are first.
Good on you Akasha for giving as good as you got :)
http://www.sapphiretech.com/en/forums/showthread.php?p=101076#post101076

I cant believe Akasha hasnt had a msg/call yet from Sapphire to get this moving in the right direction.
After this much exposure, if Sapphire arent going to do the right thing, they will get what they deserve.
Neither myself nor anyone I know wants this situation to ever occur to them.

What I don't like about Sapphire? The cards they send to reviewers have the Crossfire bridge, the cards out in stores seem to not have them, ever, gotten two 2600XT packages and none had it.

Maybe that's something they all do now, who knows :/

I've been following this thread and the other thread that started first. It is very discouraging how Sapphire is acting on this issue. I have 4 cards from them, and just last month my 9700Pro died, I think I'm past the RMA period. I'm wary to buy from them anymore after reading all of these stories.

I did want to add to the poster above me that I bought a 1950Pro and a 2600XT and they both came with the crossfire bridge, and I got both of those cards from newegg, so I'm not sure why the cards you got didn't have them.

Well, something is clearly not right.

I have already decided to avoid Sapphire at all cost; I am grabbing 2x3870 made by HIS in the very near future.

i can recall 3 seperate threads here on [H]ard|Forum in the past couple of months which were similar in that a representative of the respective company should've stepped in to help correct a problem... and did so.

it's obvious that sapphire is completely out of touch with its consumer base and that has to change.

lol, theres more? :)

It may have been a while ago, I seem to not be able to remember time correctly as of late.

However, some person was having trouble with BFG support (it may have been XFX or EVGA though, I'm not so sure now). He couldn't get a straight answer from the tech people. Kyle jumped in and got things straightened for him with the note that people on this forum should know by now that if they're having problems like this they can contact them and he'd help out if he could. As it stood when I quit following the thread, that person was well on his way to getting his card back from BFG (or XFX or EVGA).

Back