Sapphire Vega 64 Reference $440 + free games

What's the 3 game bundle, exactly? The newegg page doesn't give anything, and if you go to the amdrewards site, it wants you to register.

Found this from August 2018, is this still the bundle?

140952-radeon-big-multibundle-1260x709_1_575px.png

This is also sold on Ebay (by newegg) with 10% coupon: This puts it at $410 shipped.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
This is also sold on Ebay (by newegg) with 10% coupon: This puts it at $410 shipped.
Yeah this one is currently temping me big time. I only wish I knew if there'd be a chance Newegg would honor AMD's 3 free games promotion. Currently sent them a message.

Might be worth the plunge and asking later hmm...

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Resist. Cryptocrash I bet has them sitting on a lot of not so useful vega chips. If no one buys them we can see how low it can go.

This deal is super sick. I realize there are a lot of AMD haters out there, but this guy trades blows with a 1080 and does significantly better in compute than nVidia based cards.
It definitely sucks up more juice, but if you don't care about that then it's hard to argue with all the things this does well at.

Last edited:
I bit and stacked it with the ebay 10% coupon. Looking to build an AMD system to support the cause so may as well get a graphics card to match it.

I bit and stacked it with the ebay 10% coupon. Looking to build an AMD system to support the cause so may as well get a graphics card to match it.
If you aren't able to get the games, there is a For/Sale thread selling all 3 for $25 if that matters to you.

and a better price than most Vega 56 graphics cards

It's actually the cheapest Vega card on Newegg at the moment, even beating out the current open box "deals". And no rebate to fuss with.

Resist. Cryptocrash I bet has them sitting on a lot of not so useful vega chips. If no one buys them we can see how low it can go.

Vega pricing/availability is weird. Where have all of the Pulse's and Nitro+'s gone? Is supply an issue with these? And $680 for a reference Asrock 64? $660 for a Strix 56? The Red Dragon 56 is back up to $500. It's like they're trying not to sell these cards.

It's actually the cheapest Vega card on Newegg at the moment, even beating out the current open box "deals". And no rebate to fuss with.

Vega pricing/availability is weird. Where have all of the Pulse's and Nitro+'s gone? Is supply an issue with these? And $680 for a reference Asrock 64? $660 for a Strix 56? The Red Dragon 56 is back up to $500. It's like they're trying not to sell these cards.

The cards are making miners $3-5 a day again, so they are being purchased quickly, which causes NE and Amazon's demand based alg drive the price up. It sucks for consumers but its good for them to make an extra margin on in demand products.

I bit for a few on ebay using their app for an extra 8% in ebay bucks. Figure I'll throw the $100 ebay bucks into a cheap 1060 in December.

If I had a higher res monitor I'd be all over this deal. Alas, I do not and I'm not in the market for one at this point.

The cards are making miners $3-5 a day again, so they are being purchased quickly, which causes NE and Amazon's demand based alg drive the price up. It sucks for consumers but its good for them to make an extra margin on in demand products.

The cards are not making $3-5 a day. The gross is more like $1-1.50 a day, and then you have to take power costs out of that. Profit is going to be very small per Vega, and anyone paying more than about 15 cents per kWH won't make a profit at all. Miners are not buying these now, believe me. That's why this reference Vega 64 dropped $25 in two weeks. They aren't moving inventory.

Are the Vega cards worth it for long term usage for slightly older games?

I was looking at the Vega 56s on ebay, prices are decent.

Or would an RX580 be a better value as I don't play AAA games.

I do have a 75hz Freesync 1080p monitor.

Are the Vega cards worth it for long term usage for slightly older games?

I was looking at the Vega 56s on ebay, prices are decent.

Or would an RX580 be a better value as I don't play AAA games.

I do have a 75hz Freesync 1080p monitor.
My rule of thumb is to get the fastest card that you can comfortably afford. :) You can run older games at higher resolutions than 1080p and they will look extra nice on your monitor. In the drivers. under the Display tab, it is called Virtual Super Resolution.

With a 1080p display at 75hz, I suggest the RX 580 instead. A Vega is really only worthwhile if you are gaming on a 144hz or faster display, or your display is 1440p. A Vega at 1080p capped at 75hz is going to generate many frames that will never be displayed.

Now, if you want to move to a higher resolution or faster display in the future when you could still be using the Vega, it may be worth the investment. But you're saving half the cost or more by going with an RX 580 and you won't miss any performance today. I'd still go with the less expensive GPU.

I know this has been asked a lot and I'm a noob, but how does a Vega 64 compare with a GTX 1070? I assume Vega 56 is similar to GTX 1060?

The whole internet is right in front of you so all you have to do is google some reviews.

https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/NVIDIA/GeForce_GTX_1070_Ti/30.html

Thank you for the link but you don't have to be passive-aggressive. Krenum was polite. Your reply was a bit unwarranted. I've been dealing with people like this in League of Legends all day. I didn't come here to deal with it also. This is a forum. Why is there even peer to peer discussion when everything in the world can be googled?

If I had a higher res monitor I'd be all over this deal. Alas, I do not and I'm not in the market for one at this point.

The cards are not making $3-5 a day. The gross is more like $1-1.50 a day, and then you have to take power costs out of that. Profit is going to be very small per Vega, and anyone paying more than about 15 cents per kWH won't make a profit at all. Miners are not buying these now, believe me. That's why this reference Vega 64 dropped $25 in two weeks. They aren't moving inventory.

I'll be glad to email AMD and thank them for giving me extra special cards for my VEGA farm. Should I give the extra BTC I am "not" making away?

I know this has been asked a lot and I'm a noob, but how does a Vega 64 compare with a GTX 1070? I assume Vega 56 is similar to GTX 1060?

A VEGA 56 is a good bit faster then a 1070, especially with a mild HBM clock speed bump to 950Mhz (Yes a 1070 can OC as well but 56 is usually a bit faster).

As for the guy that says a 56 is too much for a 1080P @ 75Hz, that's flat out wrong. How do I know? I happen to have 6 of them, including the ones in dual purpose gaming/mining rig.

I have a 1080P 75Hz FS LCD I purchased to hold me over until faster 100hz+ 4K screens with the HDR mess sorted out arrived. It's very nice to be able to render nesrly any game out there at a constant 75fps with zero dips. Frame times are lovely and makes things feel even better then just FS alone.

The a 580 can run any game @ 1080P maxed is far from true, even ignoring games that are poorly developed. Let's not even get into games that support mods..

Lastly, there is the wonderful option of using VRR TO 1440P/1800/21060P and getting thr wonderful IQ boost of SSAA. It really makes a difference. If you can afford the card, there is no argument against it. Games are getting more demanding all the time, and for those that love IQ and great FPS with LOW I put lag, you want every possible frame.

A VEGA 56 is a good bit faster then a 1070, especially with a mild HBM clock speed bump to 950Mhz (Yes a 1070 can OC as well but 56 is usually a bit faster).

As for the guy that says a 56 is too much for a 1080P @ 75Hz, that's flat out wrong. How do I know? I happen to have 6 of them, including the ones in dual purpose gaming/mining rig.

I have a 1080P 75Hz FS LCD I purchased to hold me over until faster 100hz+ 4K screens with the HDR mess sorted out arrived. It's very nice to be able to render nesrly any game out there at a constant 75fps with zero dips. Frame times are lovely and makes things feel even better then just FS alone.

The a 580 can run any game @ 1080P maxed is far from true, even ignoring games that are poorly developed. Let's not even get into games that support mods..

Lastly, there is the wonderful option of using VRR TO 1440P/1800/21060P and getting thr wonderful IQ boost of SSAA. It really makes a difference. If you can afford the card, there is no argument against it. Games are getting more demanding all the time, and for those that love IQ and great FPS with LOW I put lag, you want every possible frame.

I want to be clear I am not bashing the 580, it's a kick ass card for the money, but if soendijg the extra for a 56/64 isn't going to break your wallet, I would personally make the upgrade. I came from a pair of 1.3GHz platinum clocking WC'd 290s (which were a good deal faster then the 480 and would equal a 580 in anything that is not vram limited) and I honestly feel my first 56 was a huge upgrade. Granted I WC my cards and run them @ 1800/1100mhz but even at stock with the reference blowers they we're an amazing upgrade.

Just my .02c

Vega 56 is similar to a GTX 1070, RX 580 is similar or exceeds at 1060. Vega 64 is the middleground between a 1070 & 1080.

This is a bit inaccurate with the latest round of drivers/patches etc in most games. Ignoring the few outliers that clearly favor AMD/Nvidia arch, aftermarket 56s beat 1070s and complete with 1070tis.

AIB 64s are usually faster/tie enough games that using a 25-40 game average puts them equal to 1-3% apart depending on the chosen game suite.

This is a bit inaccurate with the latest round of drivers/patches etc in most games. Ignoring the few outliers that clearly favor AMD/Nvidia arch, aftermarket 56s beat 1070s and complete with 1070tis.

AIB 64s are usually faster/tie enough games that using a 25-40 game average puts them equal to 1-3% apart depending on the chosen game suite.
Man I'd love to see what those Vegas would do with something like a 240% power limit. There was a recent gamers nexus article where they OCed a vega 56 with an upped 240% power limit to reach parity with a stock GTX 2070.

Man I'd love to see what those Vegas would do with something like a 240% power limit. There was a recent gamers nexus article where they OCed a vega 56 with an upped 240% power limit to reach parity with a stock GTX 2070.

I've actually run mine with up to 80% PL with 1.15V and they fly. My cards are clocked speed capped at 1775Mhz on most because of a hard limit in the 64 LC bios that is flashed on them.

I have one that will do 1800Mhz all day and with 1100Mhz HBM it is faster/on par with a WC'd max clocked 1080.

I'm calling your bluff.

Nice hash confirms less than $1 a day gross for a Vega. Profit is pennies a day.

Whattomine verifies this.

So, you are either really bad at math, or mining a coin that doesn't exist.

If you use NH then we can just stop the discussion. I will grant you that I have not looked at the day to day trends recently, been dealing with some health issues and just got my wife home from surgery (was on mobile when I posted above, hence the typos/format).

When I typed what I did, I did fail to mention that I average what I mine for the week plus any small spot trades I do on said coin. I usually mine ALT coins and sell them for Monero, aside from the 3 coins I hodl that have a future, but even with a quick glance I am still averaging $2.84 a day for the last week. Alt coins that have been slowly decoupling from BTC have really been very profitable. I average my power cost due to the power plan I am on, so I pay less then .022 kWh right now and each card is fully WC'd, OC'd and undervolted draws ~130W.

So I will rescind my claim of $3-5 (although at the time it was correct with TRTL). There is still plenty of money to made for anyone who mines their coins in their non gaming times and sells them with even a tiny bit of sense.

If you use NH then we can just stop the discussion. I will grant you that I have not looked at the day to day trends recently, been dealing with some health issues and just got my wife home from surgery (was on mobile when I posted above, hence the typos/format).

When I typed what I did, I did fail to mention that I average what I mine for the week plus any small spot trades I do on said coin. I usually mine ALT coins and sell them for Monero, aside from the 3 coins I hodl that have a future, but even with a quick glance I am still averaging $2.84 a day for the last week. Alt coins that have been slowly decoupling from BTC have really been very profitable. I average my power cost due to the power plan I am on, so I pay less then .022 kWh right now and each card is fully WC'd, OC'd and undervolted draws ~130W.

So I will rescind my claim of $3-5 (although at the time it was correct with TRTL). There is still plenty of money to made for anyone who mines their coins in their non gaming times and sells them with even a tiny bit of sense.

I don't use NH, but it is a pretty good barometer of how much can be made from mining because of the way it switches to whatever maximizes profit. I also check whattomine and cryptunit multiple times daily, and I troll bitcointalk for new alts. You're only making a dollar a day per Vega from mining, max, assuming nearly free electricity. Right after the Monero hard fork on Oct 18 there was a burst of higher profits (I believe you hit $3 a day then), but that lasted only a few days or a week. Mining profits have been minimal for months. The bulk of your profit must be from trading.

I mine at moneroocean.stream with all AMD hardware. MO mines a bunch of CrypoNight and CN derived alts, switching for profit a lot like NH does. We've been mining TRTL quite a bit the past few days, and also other alts as they see price spikes or difficulty sags. MO pays out in XMR so you don't have to worry about exchanging yourself. I highly recommend it. That said, even with free electricity nobody is getting $3 a day per Vega just mining.

Hence, demand for GPUs has crashed. $90 for an RX 470. $330 for a Vega 56. $430 for a Vega 64 as in this thread. Those are just this week's deals. It is a post-"mining boom" world. Gamers are the only ones buying GPUs right now, and there is a glut of used mining hardware hitting sites like craigslist and ebay.

Someone was selling brand new sapphire rx Vega 64 for 399.99 and no tax on eBay and had really good feedback as well. I ordered that one. Was waiting for rx 590 for the time being but for 399 and no tax Vega 64 seemed like a really good deal.

NewEgg sent me a code for an additional $45 off after I kept this in my cart for two days. At ~$405 I bit... seems like it'll be a bit of an upgrade over a 290X

NewEgg sent me a code for an additional $45 off after I kept this in my cart for two days. At ~$405 I bit... seems like it'll be a bit of an upgrade over a 290X
Dang, didn't know they did that. Good to know, great deal there.

I didn't know they did it either, very slick on their part. I wouldn't have bought it otherwise.

That was pretty cool...It is a HUGE upgrade, even running it undervolted @ GTX 1080 power levels over a 290x..I had 290s @ 1.3Ghz in X-fire and even a 56 is a HUGE upgrade..They are even faster when you running them @ 1700/1100+ under water :p..Enjoy your new card!

That was pretty cool...It is a HUGE upgrade, even running it undervolted @ GTX 1080 power levels over a 290x..I had 290s @ 1.3Ghz in X-fire and even a 56 is a HUGE upgrade..They are even faster when you running them @ 1700/1100+ under water :p..Enjoy your new card!
I'm mostly excited to ramp up the graphics and framerate for Elite Dangerous in VR. I was just going to run it stock, but I have been reading a lot of places to undervolt it, not entirely sure why I would want to do that?

Back