Sapphire Vapor-X 4890 Pictured - @ 1GHz stock

ZerazaX

[H]ard|Gawd
Now this is sick :eek:

Source

Sapphire has a new high-end graphics accelerator in the works for launch next week: the Atomic HD 4890. The card features a blue reference PCB by AMD with a few enhancements, paired with Sapphire's Vapor-X cooler to keep this factory-overclocked card cool, and more importantly, quieter than the reference cooler.

What makes this card even more special is that Sapphire generously overclocked it. The core runs at 1000 MHz, and the 1 GB of GDDR5 memory at 1050 MHz (2100 MHz DDR, 4200 MHz effective). The Catalyst Control Center ATI Overdrive page shows its GPU core overlocking limit upped to 1100 MHz, from the 1000 MHz limit release-drivers were noted to come with. To sustain such high speeds, the card's VRM has been slightly expanded. The card uses an 8-pin PCI-E power connector alongside a 6-pin one. The price of this card is yet to be known.

84d.png

84c.jpg

If this is indeed next week, that's one awesome card

how is it atrocious?

last time i rma'd i waited 10 days from when i sent mine till a new one came back....

how is it atrocious?

last time i rma'd i waited 10 days from when i sent mine till a new one came back....

I had a X1600 Pro die on me three years ago and it took them a month to get the card back to me once they got it. No tracking or updates on my RMA once it was approved. It just randomly arrived at my door, so I did myself a favor and promptly sold it to someone else on THG forums. Guess they have turned things around since?

Jesus, CCC unlocked all the way up to 1100Mhz for core?

Kyle, Mark & Brent I hope you guys have one of these babies on a secret pre order from egg for a review!

Subscribed! Although I will be interested in seeing if it will be worth the premium over the upcoming Toxic version....

Last edited:
Looks like the same cooler they used on their 4790 1GB cards. If that's the case, they work VERY well. I have 2 in crossfire and at load they never go above 61C with the fan set to auto. Very quite fans as well.

Back