Sapphire TRI-X OC R9 290X $269.99 thru 05/17

You should include "after MIR" in title

I don't see how this is any different than most other listings in the Hot Deals section. Your overall price is still going to be $269.99, as long as you do the MIR. Plus, I have this clearly shown in the first post.

If you don't like it, move on. Simple.

I don't see how this is any different than most other listings in the Hot Deals section. Your overall price is still going to be $269.99, as long as you do the MIR. Plus, I have this clearly shown in the first post.

If you don't like it, move on. Simple.

Because mail in rebates aren't guaranteed. It's not a discount, it's money that they're "promising" to give back to you in like 5-6 week's time. A lot of people don't like MIR's, and for good reason (not least of which is that it's extra work you have to do...). A lot of people haven't had trouble with MIR's. Some people have. So they click the topic and then waste time when they find out an MIR is involved. A lot of people do put the letters "AR" in the title after the price (witness this example). It's not terribly difficult to do so. You could even say "$289.99 ($269.99 AR)" to be extra helpful. Again not terribly difficult to do so and then you don't have to waste sentences explaining afterwards. It's 2 letters; a few keystrokes.

Wow. A lot of flack, trying to help people save a few bucks. I thought I was giving people a good heads up on a great deal, but instead I get a bunch of shit because I didn't size the title up the way certain individuals want me to, even though nothing in the title was incorrect.

The idea of the MIR is that you WILL get money back. It's not my fault that some company screwed you over. Contact your state attorney general's office if they do that, as it's a breach of contract. Write the BBB about it. Write your congressman. But really, it's sad that people are getting bent out of shape because I didn't include AR, or MIR in the title.

Get over it. Sheesh.

I'm on the fence, as I already have a 295x2, but it would be nice for e-peen sake to say I have trifire, lol! I think I'll hold out until I see a Vapor-X 4GB at this price or this card at this price without rebate, but thanks! :)

Back