SAPPHIRE TOXIC HD6950 Alternative?

AoL_Is_My_EnEmY

[H]ard|Gawd
So HardOCP gave the Toxic HD 6950 a fantastic review and I was really hoping to pick up two for my new machine. I'm looking to buy now, but NewEgg seems to be completely out and I have no idea where I can pick these up. Anyone know of a fast/highly rated alternative 6950? Any help would be appreciated... thanks!

I believe the MSI Twin Frozer 2 and 3 cards unlock but check to be sure. If they are available that would be my second choice.

So HardOCP gave the Toxic HD 6950 a fantastic review and I was really hoping to pick up two for my new machine. I'm looking to buy now, but NewEgg seems to be completely out and I have no idea where I can pick these up. Anyone know of a fast/highly rated alternative 6950? Any help would be appreciated... thanks!

Dont give up yet on the toxics, just keep checking back on the page. They keep getting them in and last time they lasted about 2 hours before selling out. ( Dang I hope mine gets here tomorrow!) Anyway from what I have read the msi twin 2's sometimes unlock but the 3's not so much. Despite RyNinDaCleM's annoying enthusiasm, I dont know of any XFX cards that unlock right now, although the warranty is great. Right now they (the sapphire toxics) seem like the best bet if your planning on unlocking your cards.

Thanks for the advice all. I'm going to look into seeing if they come back in stock! I'll check out those other recommendations as well. If anyone else has any advice I'd love to hear it.

AoL_Is_My_EnEmY said:
If anyone else has any advice I'd love to hear it.
Another option is to wait. From what I hear the 7 series isn't too far off, and the introduction of the 7 series could mean price cuts on the 6 series.

But if you need it now, you need it now.

Another option is to wait. From what I hear the 7 series isn't too far off, and the introduction of the 7 series could mean price cuts on the 6 series.

But if you need it now, you need it now.

How long did it take last time before they came back in stock?

Zetherin - any idea how far out the 7 series is? Epilon - I'm actually curious about the stock time myself... I even contacted support and got nothing.

Zetherin - any idea how far out the 7 series is? Epilon - I'm actually curious about the stock time myself... I even contacted support and got nothing.
I'm not sure. I don't think they've officially announced anything yet.

By the way, I just ate my own words and bought a 6950 Toxic last night (they were in stock for a few hours yesterday!).

I'm not sure. I don't think they've officially announced anything yet.

By the way, I just ate my own words and bought a 6950 Toxic last night (they were in stock for a few hours yesterday!).

I doubt you will regret it. There is always going to be something better coming up, but this is a great deal for the performance level you get.

Back