Sapphire Radeon x1950GT $94.99

Worth upgrading from a 7600GT?

I'd end up selling the 7600Gt if I do it for maybe $60-$70 if I can.

it would def. perform better though if you're going to upgrade it may be worth it to go the extra mile for a 1950pro or 7900gs

I'm just trying to upgrade this to play Madden 08 on the computer. I can play it fine with my 7600GT, but I want a little more eye candy. :)

I'm waiting for the next series of Nvidia cards to come out, but it's hard to be patient. :(

I've got a 7900GS OC (bit better than X1950GT) that I upgraded to from an X1650PRO (very similar to your 7600GT).
And I immediately noticed a very nice improvement of maybe 10-15 FPS in most games with everything turned up 1 setting more than before (Med->MedHigh, MedHigh->High, etc.)

Totally go for it!:)

hmm i could sell my 6800gs and grab this, might end up costing $40-50 dollars. would the FPS b doubled? I have to run most games at 800x600 now, like bioshock and moh airborne.

i'm really just looking for a gfx card that will b able to play battlefield 3 at 1024x768 maxed out w/ reasonable fps. any ideas?

roboticpotpie, he would see much less of a difference than you with your 1650Pro, they are much weaker whereas a 1650XT is comparable to a 7600GT

theonewithnoname, I think this is the upgrade you've been waiting for ;)

hm, I ordered this on friday for $114 =/

what are the chances that newegg will credit me the $20

Damn NE Preferred Acct makes it too easy.. in for 1... and an Accelero S1+Turbo kit.

-bZj

newegg is amazing! I talked to one of their reps and she was really nice, and I was very polite with her so then they're like "well we don't price match, but we value you as a customer blah blah blah, we'll credit your account"

newegg is amazing and I <3 them and I will shop with them for life.

are you signed up for newegg news letter? maybe that's what it is

yep you have to be on their newsletter.

I have one of these and it OC's well past Pro speeds. YMMV, but it wasn't all that hard with ATI Tool (.27 beta I believe). Also, you might need a bios update to quiet the fan down. It was a vacuum before the bios flash.

I have one of these and it OC's well past Pro speeds. YMMV, but it wasn't all that hard with ATI Tool (.27 beta I believe). Also, you might need a bios update to quiet the fan down. It was a vacuum before the bios flash.

Pro still better though, different core

don't get it, it's a 12piper, invest $30 more in the 16pipe pro

the pro isn't 16... the xt is 16. The x1950pro is 12 pipes as well, and it's $40 more for 80MHz higher core (580 vs 500). Btw, my x1950gt is currently at 650MHz core so meh, 70MHz higher than the pro. Well worth the $95 IMO.

Pro still better though, different core

don't get it, it's a 12piper, invest $30 more in the 16pipe pro

the pro isn't 16... the xt is 16. The x1950pro is 12 pipes as well, and it's $40 more for 80MHz higher core (580 vs 500). Btw, my x1950gt is currently at 650MHz core so meh, 70MHz higher than the pro. Well worth the $95 IMO.

I thought the same thing, but when I researched it, I found out he GT is just a slower clocked Pro. I went right to 650/800 memory with mine without artifacts. Obviously YMMV though, but for the price, I would say go with the GT (512mb version is probably better, but for $95, the 256mb is attractively priced for the 1280x1024 crowd.

Outdated charts don't count.

"This page is updated on a regular basis and provides a unique resource for everybody who is looking for a graphics card. Our new service is free and allows for interactive performance comparison."

After my BFG GeForce 7900 GS started acting up, I replaced it with one of the x1950 GT video cards.

Performance in all of the games that I play (NWN2, Half Life 2, Battlefield series) is about the same as the above card. Lesser in some areas, better in others, so it's pretty much a wash. A good card for the money spent.

I've just purchased another, since my Asus A8R32-MVP is Crossfire capable, and I'm eagerly anticipating the arrival of my Crossfire connectors, so that I can see what they can do as a linked pair.

Your core isn't bad which this 1950gt needs more than memory.

hmm well this 1950 is kinda peculiar. I can do around 740 memory with the 500 stock, but only 675ish with the core at 655. However if I back the core down to around 648 it will do 710 on the memory. Maybe heat related =S

"This page is updated on a regular basis and provides a unique resource for everybody who is looking for a graphics card. Our new service is free and allows for interactive performance comparison."

Check out the driver versions. 6 months old.

hmm well this 1950 is kinda peculiar. I can do around 740 memory with the 500 stock, but only 675ish with the core at 655. However if I back the core down to around 648 it will do 710 on the memory. Maybe heat related =S

You'll get more performance when you clock the core anyway. You should maybe slap on a better cooler.

After my BFG GeForce 7900 GS started acting up, I replaced it with one of the x1950 GT video cards.

Performance in all of the games that I play (NWN2, Half Life 2, Battlefield series) is about the same as the above card. Lesser in some areas, better in others, so it's pretty much a wash. A good card for the money spent.

Agreed. I wouldn't upgrade from a 7900GS, but from a 7600GT or 6800GS, it's a definite improvement.

Back