Sapphire Radeon HD 6770 / XFX Radeon HD 6770

The XFX card comes with two games, and the Sapphire comes with 1 ;)

But I'd probably choose the XFX card too

OK, I think I'm going to give that 6850 a go, question is, will it play nice with the rest of my specs?

Memory - G.SKILL 4GB (4 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR3
Processor - AMD Athlon II X2 250 Regor 3.0GHz 2 x
Motherboard - BIOSTAR A770E3 AM3 AMD 770 ATX AMD
Hard Drive - SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb
PS - Antec TruePower 2.0 TP2-550 EPS12V 550W ATX12V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready Power Supply
Monitor - ASUS VH242H Black 23.6" 5ms HDMI Full 1080P Widescreen LCD Monitor

Last edited:
Well, just want to be sure my machine can handle that card, my specs are are not exactly high-end :)

So I just purchased me an XFX HD 6850 video card to replace my MSI NVIDIA 7600GT and thought it would be great if I installed some of my favorite older games such as Rainbow Six Vegas and HALO 2 with my current specs listed below before I install the new card. Talk about LAG city! Both of these games suck and lag so bad it's painful to play.

Could it be my OS (Windows 7 Pro 64-bit SP1) causing the issue? I never had this issue with Win XP with the same specs? Below are the specs I currently have before I place the new XFX HD 6850 into the machine.

As I mentioned above, I never had this kind of mouse/video lag when I played these games under XP?

PS - Antec TruePower 2.0 TP2-550 EPS12V 550W ATX12V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready Power Supply

So I just purchased me an XFX HD 6850 video card to replace my MSI NVIDIA 7600GT and thought it would be great if I installed some of my favorite older games such as Rainbow Six Vegas and HALO 2 with my current specs listed below before I install the new card. Talk about LAG city! Both of these games suck and lag so bad it's painful to play.

Could it be my OS (Windows 7 Pro 64-bit SP1) causing the issue? I never had this issue with Win XP with the same specs? Below are the specs I currently have before I place the new XFX HD 6850 into the machine.

As I mentioned above, I never had this kind of mouse/video lag when I played these games under XP?

Did you install the driver off of the CD or did you install 11.8 from www.amd.com?

Also have you patched your games etc..

I still have the old card in (7600GT), has nothing to do with my recent purchase of the XFX HD 6850, my point is that these games ran great under XP, why do they not under Windows 7 Pro 64-bit?

Is this what I have to look forward to with my new card? I have to admit, things are much easier with console gaming, never have to deal with this shit!

Did you try running the games in XP compatibility mode? That's what I can think for pre-7 games.

The original R6 Vegas always lagged ridiculously hard in the Mexico section (I got down to 5fps at one stage with my quad crossfire setup) - not sure about Halo 2 though, I don't recall it being that bad. That said, a 7600GT is pretty weak, you sure Halo 2 isn't just running higher detail than you had it at before?

haha.. I apologize for the "console" comment, had a few drinks under my belt at that time, anyway, I will try the XP compatibility mode option. On a happier note, new card shipped today. :)

I recieved my new XFX HD 6850 and all I can say is wow!!! I am quite impressed, it also came with a free copy of Deus Ex: Human Revolution which kicks much ass.

Just a quick note, when the card is directly connected into my ASUS VH242H via HDMI, I do not get the full screen, it's boxed.

Am I correct in saying that is based on the limitation of my monitor? It still looks great, and even better gaming but the refresh rate is a bit hard on the eyes when I'm not gaming.

Back