Sapphire Radeon 9800 pro for 230$

aces170

Limp Gawd
I guess you guys must already know this but ATI and Sapphire have announce Radeon 9800 pro for 230$ to counter fx 5900 xt

ATi and its partner Sapphire are biting back. Newegg.com offers a Radeon 9800 PRO card that is not crippled in any way on sale for only $229 which is just 30 bucks more expensive then a GeForce FX 5900 XT.

lets see.. the 9800Pro is better than a 5900... and a 5900 is better than a 5900XT.. uhh.

the XT lines of Nvidia is similar to the "SE" ATI cards.. it's basically a castrated version of it's named card.

edit: Superbowl Sunday, GO PANTHERS!

Is this Sapphire 9800 Pro really a good card? Or is it slower in some way?

I have both and will never buy another ATI again....Ive said it before and got this 9800 for a deal...but my FX 5900 OWNZ it in every benchmark and every game I play.....top that off with the fact that It was a COMPLETE pain in my ass to install....after going through 4 different drivers and a complete format, the Nvidia cards are still the best on the market IMO.

i was presented with this choice already once already and opted for neither and got a 9800pro 256mb for shits and giggles.

9800pro with that set of choices though.

Haha you can wake up now maximus.

BTW pif 9800pro if you cant hande it :D

User error is not the fault of the product.

Originally posted by Roost426
Haha you can wake up now maximus.

BTW pif 9800pro if you cant hande it :D

Don't be mad that you bought an inferior product. I wasn't, I'm just letting you know, the 9800 is a overpriced piece of shit. I have both cards and the 5900 Ultra is a better card, simple as that. You still wanna recommend the 9800 card to your butt buddies; I have no problem with it. Just don't try and feed me the bs that the 9800 is a better card, its not. Funny, I've never had a problem with the other thousand or so systems I've built. I've probably forgot more about tweaking/building systems then children like you will ever know...just move along newb....

Originally posted by MaximuS
I have both and will never buy another ATI again....Ive said it before and got this 9800 for a deal...but my FX 5900 OWNZ it in every benchmark and every game I play.....top that off with the fact that It was a COMPLETE pain in my ass to install....after going through 4 different drivers and a complete format, the Nvidia cards are still the best on the market IMO.

I think you just don't know what you are doing.:rolleyes:

LMAO your the one who seems angry, and I agree with merlin.

Also, just an observation. Judging by the rigs in your sig doesn't seem that you are worried about the price on anything :eek:

Sapphire makes Ati's cards so they are a solid brand. Standard 9800 pro clocked, so that is not an issue. Bfg 5900nu versus Sapphire 9800 pro debate is pretty standard...likely can find a good thread close to the top.

How many rules do you plan on breaking in this thread, MaximuS?

Don't be mad that you bought an inferior product. I wasn't, I'm just letting you know, the 9800 is a overpriced piece of shit. I have both cards and the 5900 Ultra is a better card, simple as that. You still wanna recommend the 9800 card to your butt buddies; I have no problem with it. Just don't try and feed me the bs that the 9800 is a better card, its not. Funny, I've never had a problem with the other thousand or so systems I've built. I've probably forgot more about tweaking/building systems then children like you will ever know...just move along newb....

Breaking rules and being wrong. We have a WINNER!!

Wait...

you've built a thousand or so systems and you can't get a 9800 Pro to work in one system?

Buddy, watch it. You're new here, and you're on your way to a fast kick in the ass banning.

It has been shown, time and time again, by reputable companies (anand, hardocp, etc) that a 9800 Pro, set up properly, will whoop up on a 5900 anything, especially at PS2.0. I point you to beyond3d.com for more reading.

Read. Learn. Post.

And don't insult, knowing the people around here, you'd be surprised what we know. So move along, bud.

ive read somewhere about programmable pixel shaders, is that what PS2.0 refers to? what is this?

Originally posted by lopoetve
Buddy, watch it. You're new here, and you're on your way to a fast kick in the ass banning.

It has been shown, time and time again, by reputable companies (anand, hardocp, etc) that a 9800 Pro, set up properly, will whoop up on a 5900 anything, especially at PS2.0. I point you to beyond3d.com for more reading.

Read. Learn. Post.

And don't insult, knowing the people around here, you'd be surprised what we know. So move along, bud.

pretty amazing ownage there.

Originally posted by aces170
I guess you guys must already know this but ATI and Sapphire have announce Radeon 9800 pro for 230$ to counter fx 5900 xt

ATi and its partner Sapphire are biting back. Newegg.com offers a Radeon 9800 PRO card that is not crippled in any way on sale for only $229 which is just 30 bucks more expensive then a GeForce FX 5900 XT.
There's over $60 in price difference between a 9800 pro and 5900NU. Not to mention that the BFG 5900NU comes with VIVO support while the 9800 pro doesn't.

I don't mean to put more wood into this fire people but,

Maximus, what YOU and you alone are saying contradicts everything that everyone says and has experienced about vid cards. Nvidia has proven to be inferior to Ati for a while know...

By denying this you either have been hiding inside a cave for the past year or are a super nvidia fan...

I'm sorry if i hurt anyone but i really hate people who still defend and stand by nvidia after all that has happened.

How very true lol:D Max i really would hate to be one of your customers As if you cant get a single 9800Pro to run normally then god help you with getting an AMD board to perform lmao:p

This ATI driver bullshit is starting to sound so much like the athlons running hot saga Just pure myth;)
Alls i can say is you = beyond owned :eek:

Originally posted by Seraphim974
ive read somewhere about programmable pixel shaders, is that what PS2.0 refers to? what is this?

Yes. PS are the programmable shaders that all of the new video cards use. PS 1,1.1,1.4 are what the previous generations used. PS2.0 is what DX9 uses. The GFFX cards are notably weak at PS2.0.

lol, wtf benchmark are you running? and wtf games are you running?

Originally posted by Biggie
lol, wtf benchmark are you running? and wtf games are you running?

Must be the Dawn demo...

Oh, wait. That runs BETTER on ATi!

Originally posted by aces170

mine is shipping today from newegg. upgrade from gf3ti200. i' should know how it hacks before the week is over, will update after i get it.

Mine is too, upgrading from a GF4 4400. This is my first Ati in a long, long time and I'm hoping everything goes good. The price was too good to pass up.

Heh this is my first post in a long, long time too :D

For those of you about to do the upgrade... just remember to first grab a copy of the latest ATI drivers, (Omega's are good too) then uninstall the NV drivers, reboot to safe mode, run a good third party driver removal tool like Driver Cleaner and then shut down, swap cards and reboot.

You should be good to go.

-dB

PS - BWAHAHAHAHA in Max's general direction

Hmmm, his opinion or the 34643726 other reviews and testimonies that say the opposite . . . Who to trust, who to trust . . . the world or this one man screaming out against the establishment with his homophobic works of literary genius?

I ordered a 9800Pro on Friday.

Originally posted by Defective
Hmmm, his opinion or the 34643726 other reviews and testimonies that say the opposite . . . Who to trust, who to trust . . . the world or this one man screaming out against the establishment with his homophobic works of literary genius?

I ordered a 9800Pro on Friday.
hahahaha

Originally posted by Decibel
For those of you about to do the upgrade... just remember to first grab a copy of the latest ATI drivers, (Omega's are good too) then uninstall the NV drivers, reboot to safe mode, run a good third party driver removal tool like Driver Cleaner and then shut down, swap cards and reboot.

yea, i've had problems with this once before. it seems that once nvidia latches its drivers claws into your registry, you cant simply add/remove your way out of it. i wonder if they do this on purpose like all the malware does? :rolleyes:

anyway, good advice dude, ty :)

Newegg has the 9700 Pro on sale today only for $190 with free shipping.

Hell of a DEAL!

Originally posted by merlin704
Newegg has the 9700 Pro on sale today only for $190 with free shipping.

Hell of a DEAL!

Still, not good enough to beat the 9800 for 40 bucks more.

Originally posted by oozish
Still, not good enough to beat the 9800 for 40 bucks more.

Well no shit but for someone looking for a video card in the $150-200 range, its an excellent buy.

just got my 9800pro today from newegg, ordered it on monday from newegg from new york. took 2 days to get with their free fedex saver... wow.

it works amazingly. i can use quality settings ive never seen before (upgraded from gf3), and everything looks fantastic. i would highly reccomend this card.

Back