Sapphire Radeon 56 $299.99 at Amazon

If I was doing a budget 1080p build this would be one of my 1st parts. Hard to beat that price performance point and actually have some 1440p options as well.

I don't have much experience with the aftermarket HSF Vega56's, but even the reference one when tweaked was a lot better than I thought it would be. These really are good cards for the money as long as you can meet the power requirements.

That being said, it just might be a move to get rid of these prior to Navi which should bring a little better power envelope and the same performance.

Last edited:
I don't have much experience with the aftermarket HSF Vega56's, but even the reference one when tweaked was a lot better than I thought it would be. These really are good cards for the money as long as you can meet the power requirements.

That being said, it just might be a move to get rid of these prior to Navi which should bring a little better power envelope and the same performance.

These are probably the best non-flashable Vega 56's out there. I've had two of these running in my kids' PCs for a few months now. Nice and cool, quiet fans, good OC for a V56 bios (1600/940).

oh it definitely is them trying to offload as many of the cards as possible but with the performance and cost even if navi comes out i'd be willing to wait a little longer.. next project is replacing all my 1080p monitors with 1440p then i'll probably switch to navi some time next year. but i'm completely content with running all my games maxed out at 80fps+.

These are probably the best non-flashable Vega 56's out there. I've had two of these running in my kids' PCs for a few months now. Nice and cool, quiet fans, good OC for a V56 bios (1600/940).

yeah i was not at all expecting how aggressive the zero fans setting worked.. even at 60C if the gpu's not under full load/full clock speed it still doesn't bother turning the fans on, it instead just runs them for 10-15 seconds every few minutes. after i finally decided that i was done with nvidia cards and wanted to actually use freesync and seeing everyone bitch about how loud vega cards were i was still expecting the aftermarket ones to be loud but they're just as quiet as my 1070 if not more so since the 1070 fans instantly turn on under any small load.

Last edited:
oh it definitely is them trying to offload as many of the cards as possible but with the performance and cost even if navi comes out i'd be willing to wait a little longer.. next project is replacing all my 1080p monitors with 1440p then i'll probably switch to navi some time next year. but i'm completely content with running all my games maxed out at 80fps+.

yeah i was not at all expecting how aggressive the zero fans setting worked.. even at 60C if the gpu's not under full load/full clock speed it still doesn't bother turning the fans on, it instead just runs them for 10-15 seconds every few minutes. after i finally decided that i was done with nvidia cards and wanted to actually use freesync and seeing everyone bitch about how loud vega cards were i was still expecting the aftermarket ones to be loud but they're just as quiet as my 1070 if not more so since the 1070 fans instantly turn on under any small load.
Then you haven’t tried a reference blower Vega. It’s well documented they are the loudest card in years.

Back