Sapphire R9 280 Toxic ?'s

NMP40

n00b
I am new to the AMD world of GPU's have always have had Nvidia so I need some help here.
Now does AMD have a program like Geforce Experience that optimizes games you your system for better performance.
Also not sure about some of the Sapphire control options like Chill, Morphological Filtering Shader Cache, Surface Format Optimization OpenGL triple buffering.
I am also wondering how well this GPU OC's. Thanks for any information you can give me
My CPU is a AMD FX-4170
8 GB memory
Sapphire R9 280 Toxic GPU

AMD used to have an app like Geforce experience called Raptr but it have poor suport. you can try it and test yourself, however I recommend to always tweak and test for yourself game settings, those kind of apps tend to tweak settings for ~30FPS average gaming experience..

About AMD control panel (not sapphire). if you don't know what those settings means it's better to just dont touch them and keep using ingame settings, generally those settings are used for certain tweaks however are not needed to be touched as they won't improve anything for 99% of the games on the market.

About that GPU overclock abilities, ymmv, all GPUS are different and have different overclock potentials, but generally those limits for the R9 280 tend to be around 1150mhz up to 1250mhz depending on silicon lottery.

May I ask why did you decided to introduce into AMD world with such old card?..

Also I would strongly recommend (if you havent yet) start to overclock as much as possible your CPU..

Late reply...but that setup looks very mostly cpu bottle necked in any case. Tweak the gpu all you want but wont help the lack of cpu horsepower in that rig...i bet if you watched cpu usage while in game it would be maxed out in every game. (should be fine for most older games though) your could drop your games to 480p and still get low frame rates because your cpu cant really keep up with that card in certain games.

what you have will play any game you toss at it just grab the latest drivers and go.

Any game? Sure but some would be limited to around 40fps no matter what bad ass card is used

lets not mince the shit here he got a free rig as its configured he will be able to play any game he tosses at it with ps4/xbone level visuals. honestly the only thing i would do with that rig is maybe upgrade the video card to a newer generation mid-range one and add in a ssd :D

lets not mince the shit here he got a free rig as its configured he will be able to play any game he tosses at it with ps4/xbone level visuals. honestly the only thing i would do with that rig is maybe upgrade the video card to a newer generation mid-range one and add in a ssd :D
The card is fine for his rig.....Heck i JUST upgraded from a 280x a few months ago and really only did it because i could easily afford to. But people need to be educated on bottlenecks weather its cpu or video cards! GPU tweaks wont help cpu bottlenecks is all i was trying to say.:)

The card is fine for his rig.....Heck i JUST upgraded from a 280x a few months ago and really only did it because i could easily afford to. But people need to be educated on bottlenecks weather its cpu or video cards! GPU tweaks wont help cpu bottlenecks is all i was trying to say.:)

bottleneck or not its not like he will be gaming over 1080p and if he gets a newer card he can keep it as it will give him more proformence down the road :p

bottleneck or not its not like he will be gaming over 1080p and if he gets a newer card he can keep it as it will give him more proformence down the road :p

you have no idea what are you talking about.. even my old i7 3770K@ 4.5ghz was a bottleneck at 1080P with my 280X on some games, I used that machine with 280X, 390X, GTX 980Ti and the stronger GPU the worse CPU bottlenecks I faced there..

I can't argue versus a Free Rig but let's face it as it should, at 1080P those zambezi cores are gone be a HUGE bottleneck even heavily overclocked.

you have no idea what are you talking about.. even my old i7 3770K@ 4.5ghz was a bottleneck at 1080P with my 280X on some games, I used that machine with 280X, 390X, GTX 980Ti and the stronger GPU the worse CPU bottlenecks I faced there..

I can't argue versus a Free Rig but let's face it as it should, at 1080P those zambezi cores are gone be a HUGE bottleneck even heavily overclocked.

it will do the job he tasks it with bottleneck or not better than having nothing :p

Back