Sapphire Liquid Metal "Blizzard" Demo PC

Well done. Very professional in concept and execution.

THAT case should be in a portfolio for you, as an advertisement and a tribute for your abilities as a designer and artist.

Yes, I said artist. Deal wid it.

**applauds**

ScootCo said:
Yes, I said artist. Deal wid it.

I have no problem with being called an artist. I totally think that Modding is an artform and that all modders are artist. Its as much about expression as painting is. Thanks for the compliment.

Sheldog23 said:
I have no problem with being called an artist. I totally think that Modding is an artform and that all modders are artist. Its as much about expression as painting is. Thanks for the compliment.
dude your case is more than just artwork its a FUCKING MASTERPIECE

i must admit, at first i was like "blah" cuz it seriously just looks like an aluminum cube normally, but then when i saw the lit up pics and how all the details came through i was blown away. that has got to be the most aesthetically pleasing case i've ever seen.

No doubt, I usually hate the whole "bling bling" shit with all the lights, an chrome that shows up in most cases, so to see a case taht does both mirrored, and lights, that I'm drooling over is just damn unexpected!

Shit, now I hate being a brokeass college student, otherwise I'd start tryin to do something similar right now :(

So....beautiful. I want to look away.....but....I can't seem to pull my eyes off of it.

Where did you get that I/O panel at? I was thinking of using a removeable mobo tray in my next project, but an I/O panel like that would be even better.

By any chance do ya know if this was featured at CeBiT 2005 in Australia? Because i could swear i saw it there.

Time2Kill said:
Where did you get that I/O panel at? I was thinking of using a removeable mobo tray in my next project, but an I/O panel like that would be even better.
I took it off the back of an old case. I just removed the rivets, Painted it, and screwed it into the plex. If I would have had more time with this I would have made the MB tray on a sliding shelf. That way you could just slide the whole back side out the get to the stuff in the bottom. But I think It worked out ok in the end.

As for CeBiT 2005 in Austrailia: I am pretty sure it was there. Sapphire has been taking this baby all over the place. One of the reasons why I was unable to get them to let me take it to Quakecon. Which I think would have been cool for them, get a bunch of gamers looking at that Blizzard card. I would have also liked to enter it into the Benchmarking contest.

Damn...

I think i've commented on this case already...

But, its still an extremely hot case... I want one =O.

Very Nice Case!

if my memory is correct hasnt the liquid metal cooler been canceled?

Thanatos. said:
Very Nice Case!

if my memory is correct hasnt the liquid metal cooler been canceled?

yeah, I think it has. to expensive to make i believe.

:eek:

Wow!

That case is one of the best I've seen yet.

I think the horizontal mount mobo in the top half of the case looks awesome, and is there any better way to show off a customer's hardware? I don't think so.

Gotta give it one more of these:

:eek:

:cool:

Thanks for all the compliments guys, and thanks for keeping the thread alive.

Yes the Liquid Metal card has been put on hold as Nano-cooler, the people who made the liquid metal cooler, went under or is having financial problems. So the idea is kinda on hold or shelved until something happens. It's a shame too. That would have been some cool stuff to play with.

jahcs said:
I think the horizontal mount mobo in the top half of the case looks awesome, and is there any better way to show off a customer's hardware? I don't think so.
Yes, I have used the horizontal mounting on several of my cases now. I can't figure out why people like say the X-Qpack people don't do it this way, instead of putting the PSU and CDroms ontop of the hardware. Makes cooling harder and you can't see the goods.

I am working on making a smaller cube as a LAN case that I am thinking about marketing with this sort of layout. I have the case completed and just need to iron out some small bugs. Then I will start a worklog from that "barebones" kit show how cool and easy it is to modify it.

hey all, they got a review of the mobo out. gosh i love it!

http://vr-zone.com/?i=2904

sapphire_A9RX480.jpg

oh the pwnage..

I like how the part showing the video card uses white light instead of some unoriginal blue or red CCFL or something. They were cool years back, now it's pretty much all you see. So kudos on the white light, I think it rocks.

Cool looking board. Do they make Intel boards in that white PCB?

-bZj

I had seen it before when this thread was first posted, but it just keeps impressing me like first time.

This has hot to be one of the best custom cases I've ever seen. Beautiful!

ShelDog, man thats insane!!! 2 weeks is all that took??? Im very impressed. How much you charge for a case like that??? PM me please.

Solo

Thanks guys. It was a pain in the arse to get it done that fast. I swore I would never do that again, but I ended up doing it again this year for E3 again. :rolleyes: You'd think they could give me better notice. LOL. oh well. Looks like next year the whole E3 thing won't even happens so I might get a break.

As for the pay I don't really discuss such things but lets say I got paid a decent amount and a lot of hardware.

sheldog, how did you cut that plexi? jigsaw, dremel, something else? and while cutting it, did you run into any issues with the mirror/reflective coating chipping off or peeling? Nice case btw

Thanks

Back