Sapphire HD 5970 TOXIC 4GB review

Judging by those benchmarks, it shames the 480, but also uses more power and will no doubt cost a lot (I'm guessing around $800), since it includes 2 games and an active DP adapter.

christ. when is tweaktown going to get their act together and start posting the settings they use when benchmarking these games. its great that they're usually first with new gear, i just wish their articles were a little more informative.

This video card is obviously the ultimate triple monitor Eyefinity card. The active display adapter adds value to the package. You don't have to spend an extra $100 yourself for the adapter, or if you don't need it you could always just sell it. I think that $800 is an optimistic figure. Judging by the figures thrown out for the Ares ROG 5970 4GB and the XFX 5970 Black 4GB Limited Edition, I'd expect the Sapphire 5970 4GB Toxic to retail for a cool 1K.

well other than missing out 480 sli benches i think the review was very good. that will be fastest card you can buy when released be prepared to pay whole lot of premium for that. hopefully someone will get two and we actually see if 4 crossfire is crippled or was just wanting the the extra memory buffer. this review also reinforces why you need a dedicated card for phyxs. it drops the fps too much goes from 110 avg fps to 53 avg after physxs. with min 78 to 26 with the physx turned on. with physx on you get about 1/2 the performance of your card.

The fact they're not testing at eyefinity resolutions makes this review pretty pointless.....

The fact they're not testing at eyefinity resolutions makes this review pretty pointless.....

actually not. with the oc card is showing improvement over the 5970. keeping inline with 480 sli with some number i see in other threads. though primary purpose for this card would be eyefinitiy not doing any doesn't mean it is complete worthless.

Yet another colossal fail by not including any actual Eyefinity resolutions.

+1
Given [H]'s love of Eyefinity, I'm confident they'll bench this beast correctly. I'm really interested to see if this will be able to drive three 1920x1200 monitors maxed out.

So it costs as much as two GTX 480s but doesn't outperform them? No thanks.

Back