Sapphire denied my roommate's rebate for bogus reasons

Zinn

2[H]4U
UPDATE! Sapphire decided to approve the rebate after calling them on the phone. So they made it right in the end.
----------------------------
They sent him this email:
Dear [name removed],

Your Rebate was not approved for the following reason(s)

- Copy of Receipt/Invoice or Packing List is missing

Our decision to not approve your rebate claim was based upon examination of the documents that we received from you.
If you wish to view all documentation you may simply click on this link [link removed]

In their copy of the received correspondence, which they helpfully scanned, you can clearly see a copy of the Newegg purchase invoice for the card.

I don't want to cry "SCAM" until Sapphire has a chance to respond to this, because it could have been a mistake. However in the meantime I would recommend being wary of their advertised rebates. I will update this thread when we hear back from them.

rebate_scandal.gif

Last edited:
That looks like the order history web page, maybe they don't count that as an invoice or packing slip.

Last edited:
Pretty sure I've sent in that sort of page many times before on rebates with no issue. I've had many single-item orders that never came with a packing slip, and to me this seems like an invoice.

What other options are there?

It seems like bogus to reject it because its not the "exact" page they want - it still tells them he bought it from newegg on a certain date.

Good luck OP.

Uh, just fix the submission and check back to see if it's approved. No need to make a thread.

Have had same thing happen with an Amazon order. They want the real invoice.

There's nothing to fix. The image I uploaded cuts off, but this is the Newegg invoice. This is exactly what the rebate required.

I think what they are doing is lame, but the paper you get in the box actually says "Invoice". Technically they should be the same thing. I have seen some companies request the original invoice/packing sheet for rebates. If you complain enough you will probably get it. I think they hate rebates as much as us.

Most things I get from Newegg have no slips of paper inside, or outside. No invoice whatsoever.

Didn't used to be that way.

Hell I remember back in the day when they actually sent you rebate forms. Now getting rebates requires you own a printer. That's an issue when you're like me. You only use the printers for rebates, so the ink dries and destroys the printer.

Hence the reason I don't even bother shopping based on rebates anymore, only based on instant savings.

The Image shown is an order summary that has ZERO proof that the order was billed or shipped... To get the Invoice that is wanted just login to Newegg.com and go to your order history... Now click on the invoice number for the order in question... This will show the actual invoice that will include the tracking info that shows the items where actually shipped... Screen grab it or take a photo of it right off the screen and email it back to Sapphire with a note... This WILL get your Rebate processed...

The document I uploaded had the invoice # which could be tied to a Newegg purchase. I didn't even blur that out...

I see an order number but not an invoice number... There was NO invoice number on what you uploaded here... I even just double checked... You simply sent them the wrong document... This below is an invoice... Notice the Tracking info leaves no doubt that the item here was billed and shipped unlike your Order Summary... This is what they want...
nfea.jpg

New thread title: Sapphire denied incorrectly submitted rebate form for valid reasons

After calling the rebate processor on the phone, they decided that the documentation we submitted was sufficient and approved the claim. They made this right, that's what matters.

Back