Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 2900 Pro $159.99 @ newegg

Scary to know [H] is capable of clearing the stock @ Newegg... I was eyeing this card last week - guess I won't be anymore!

crap, i was looking to get one of these... can't now :( lame.... oh well, i guess i'll just find me a used x1900xtx for $100 or somethin.

I just looked on Newegg and thought this card was back in stock w/ rebate but apparently it's a neutered version of the 512 bit card:(

How much more a month to run an HD 2900 vs an HD 3870 or 8800GT?

30 cents?

Do you even know how much more?

No....you don't. :rolleyes:

What are you talking about bro? Thats our most favorite nerd-ism on this board! Tried and true my friend - rain forests burn every time you fire up the competitors card which doesn't perform the best "performance per watt" - mean while, normal people are getting laid.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

/end thread

*By the way, i got a notification the 512-bit version was back in stock, but its gone again! You sneeky bastards bought it right up :D I bet the 256-bit is just as good of an OC'er...

I am one of those sneaky bastards :)

the RAM on these things will do 2ghz... being 512-bit will more than make up for the lack of additional 400mhz memory (GDDR4 3870)

The 2900xt performs ~5-10fps better than a 3850 512mb and even more than a 256mb at higher resolution. Nevermind the fact that you can overclock the 2900pro/xt

Man, I love it when short-sighted geeks write good video cards off as shit because of premature drivers... It puts a big smile on my face when i can get near-8800gtx performance (within a decent margin) at *shock* half the price, or in this case... LESS than half the price.

~1/2 the price for 85-100% of the performance... do the math.

I want to see 2 of the 2900pro 512 bit cards in SLI in a x38 go head to head with my 680i and 8800gts 512 SLI and see how close they get. The thing that sucks about these cards is they are loud if you wanna keep then cool with the stock cooler and the power needed is outragous for 2.

odd... why is it that some sites show the 2900pro/xt keeping up with 8800gt(x) and others show it getting stomped on.... very weird.

odd... why is it that some sites show the 2900pro/xt keeping up with 8800gt(x) and others show it getting stomped on.... very weird.

I'm guessing it has to do with the AA. The 2900's are competitive with no AA, as soon as you enable it though their performance goes to shit.

Please don't turn this into a performance argument, it's the [H]ot Deal forum, remember? You post [H]ot Deals and members check out the deal. If you don't want it, fine....but if you wish to discuss the merits of other cards, please post in the appropriate forum.

Back