SAPPHIRE ATI RADEON 9600XT or GIGABYTE ATI RADEON 9600XT

Well, most people like sapphire, but id go for the one with the better software bundle.

Wixard said:
Well, most people like sapphire, but id go for the one with the better software bundle.
I rather have a better card than a bunch of crappy games. So Saphire makes a better card?

I got the Gigabyte whats the program to get rid of all my nvidia video drivers? and what drivers should I use for this 9600 XT?

Neither! The Powercolor 9800SE is the SAME performance non-modded as a 9600XT and full 9800Pro performance modded. Better yet, the Powercolor 9800 SE is cheaper to boot!

Note: Do not buy any 9800SE other than the Powercolor. ~!80% of powercolors softmod to 9800Pros. Other brands are pretty bad. Anyway, worst case is you have 9600XT speed for less money. Best case is 9800Pro for $150.

See this thread:

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=763608

Better to spend a few bucks more and get a 9800Pro IMO. The price difference is not big, but the performance upgrade from a 9600 is huge.

I got the Gigabyte whats the program to get rid of all my nvidia video drivers? and what drivers should I use for this 9600 XT?

It kills me to see people who want to upgrade and they want to buy cards with 4 pipes. get at least an 8 pipe card cause in less than a year from now 4 wont cut it unless you are content on playing older games.

purefun65 said:
It kills me to see people who want to upgrade and they want to buy cards with 4 pipes. get at least an 8 pipe card cause in less than a year from now 4 wont cut it unless you are content on playing older games.

You don't think the XT can handle Doom3 or HL2?

i would say spend the extra 30$ or so and grab a 9800pro, u shud be good for doom III with that, at low to medium textures

Glow said:
Isn't there a different one that comes with or is used a lot by ATI?

ATI has their own uninstall utility now. It's in the full driver package I believe. I've never used it but I hear its very thorough like Driver Cleaner.

(I hope that is the answer you were wanting for your question) :confused:

Glow said:
You don't think the XT can handle Doom3 or HL2?

If it cant, theres gonna be a lot of angry people heh. doom3/hl2 will prob run on a 5200/9000 type card. Now at what rez and settings are a whole other story.

Id still go with the 9600xt and get the one with the better software bundle. If one is 5 bucks more, and includes some games, id say get it.

i have a 96xt 128mb gigabite card in right now, the only problem is that it crashes in some games like, far cry, hitman contracts, KOTOR, and, BF Viet. Gigabytes tech support said it was my motherboard and memory config, but that is bullshit 'cause it worked great for 3 months with the current config, then the card started to shit out on me, well it's just in time for me to get my x800xt on th 8th or 9th anyway.

Back