sapphire 7950 cards

TBJ

Gawd
I'm looking through their website on amd 7950 cards and I'm confused on the order in which it goes from reference to top of the line, looks all mixed up to me. Can somone shed some light on this?

I was kind of confused by all of it too. I just ended up ordering the one that is OC'd by 50mhz. It's $300-$20MIB=$280. Plus the Never Settle bundle of course. I was able to OC it to 1200/???? by bumping voltage of course, but it never went over 68C while running benchmarks even with the extra voltage. It has been running 1135/1425 all day on stock voltages while gaming so far. This really is the nicest card I've ever owned...the cooling solution seems to be more than just cool and gawdy looking...like it's actually cooling the card. I'm stoked about it. And I've yet to be able to hear it over my CM Hyper 212.

Isn't voltage hard locked?
Not necessarily. I switched to "bios 2" on the card itself, and used MSI Afterburner to set my voltages. After I adjusted my core voltage I HAD to toggle the "constant voltage" tab in order for it to hold the adjustment however. I was able to hit 1.2ghz, but had to up the voltage to 1.268...not really worth it for everyday use, but it did allow my system to score over 10k in 3dmark11, haha. My daily clocks are 1100/1425 @ stock voltage which is more than plenty for pretty much every any game at 1080, and the hottest I've seen it is 68C after playing Planetside 2 for 2+ hours.

When it comes to Sapphire everyone seems to have gotten or recommends the Sapphire 100352-2L but I need the (same cooler?) Sapphire 100352FLEX-2 for the extra DVI ports (My 2007FP's are DVI only and I have four screen total right now and I want one more screen soon). Can someone confirm this is the same exact card but with different port options (and the same OC ability?)?

Thanks

displayport 1.2 supports multiple streams (audio/video/other data) over the port and supports daisy chaining/using a hub for multiple displays. There are no hubs for 1.2 yet though :(

You may have 1 4k, 2 displays running at 2560x1600, or 4 displays running 1920x1200 per port.

So yes, but what type of monitor at 2560x1600 are you trying to hook up?

Last edited:
So yes, but what type of monitor at 2560x1600 are you trying to hook up?

I have a Dell 3008WFP

Monitor setup - PLP = 2007FP - 3008WFP - 2007FP and a 46" TV via HDMI (was planning to add one more matching TV over the winter). So I guess I'd need to buy a display port cable for right now for my 3008WFP and I'd be good to go.

Last edited:
I guess I could go with the cheaper SAPPHIRE 7950 everyone recommends too if there are DVI to displayport adapters available (for my two 2007FP's). I just never seen them before but I'm not familiar with displayport though either.

EDIT: currently using two 6950's that have two DVI ports each so it made things easier. I planned to sell them both and move to one 7950 for now, a second one later on. Just wanted to make sure one 7950 could run all my monitors before I made the jump.

Last edited:
8i7XR.jpg

How could I hook up an LCD TV like this in an another room 20 feet away in this setup? But without the triple monitors.

How could I hook up an LCD TV like this in an another room 20 feet away in this setup? But without the triple monitors.

I'm sure there's many options for doing this wirelessly although I've never done it myself so I can't personally provide input. Of course there's always the option to just run a long cable (HDMI, DisplayPort,etc) but not the nicest looking way...lol.

Is it possible through a home network?
Computer to wired modem to (in my case) PS3.

It looks like monoprice has some passive wall plates, but I'm not sure how they work since hdmi has 19 pins. http://www.monoprice.com/products/subdepartment.asp?c_id=104&cp_id=10425

I was looking into this last year and I was going to run an hdmi cable through the wall instead. Monoprice didn't have those at the time though. I've seen a few expensive ethernet to hdmi active adapters that require 2 ethernet ports and power, but you should be ok with passive at that length, assuming it works.

Back