Sapphire 6950 Toxic Edition in stock @ Newegg

When I say settings maxed I mean on high, ultra is not actually ultra in the beta, so high is the max the beta can go. all settings are at the highest for it,

also newegg just shit on us, the sapphire 6950 toxic is now DEACTIVATED. This item is currently out of stock and it may or may not be restocked.

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102951&Tpk=sapphire 6950 toxic

Deactivated to fix the powertune issue perhaps?

Would like to pick up two of these, so I hope they pop up somewhere.

anyone know if the toxic 6950 will come with a dirt 3 and deus ex coupon now?

anyone know if the toxic 6950 will come with a dirt 3 and deus ex coupon now?

Pretty sure the Deus Ex promotion is over.

As for Dirt 3, dunno. Usually it will say on the card's product page on Newegg whether or not it comes with any other games. Or sometimes it's a seperate combo (the DX one was, but it's expired now apparently)

also newegg just shit on us, the sapphire 6950 toxic is now DEACTIVATED. This item is currently out of stock and it may or may not be restocked.

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102951&Tpk=sapphire 6950 toxic

Still just "Out of Stock" on Newegg (US)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102951

But it hasn't actually been in-stock for weeks, and apparently they do not have any shipments coming in any time soon.

well this is interesting, anyone know why the twin frozr 3 2gb is on the newegg.com site but not the newegg.ca site?

Will they be advertised on the canadian site or what?

newegg.com (US) now has it deactivated as well.

well this is really weird, it doesn't even show on the american site, it shows on the canadian site though.. hm, so does this mean its gone forever?

edit: its now gone from the newegg.ca site sadface.

Man, I really want to get 2 of these, but they are never in stock, and places they are in stock have the for like 30-50$ more, thats ridiculous.

Huh...I wonder if it's just because it is going to be a long time before they get a shipment in. Deactivated does say "may or may not" come back in-stock. Maybe it's based on a time limit or something till an item automatically gets Deactivated.

Them disappearing from everywhere at once seems unlikely to be a coincidence, but I could be wrong :p

well I can get the last one from a canadian place but it is 319.99, comes to 361$ whereas from newegg it would be like $330 total, ugh, shipping is also free from this place, what do you guys think I should do, should I wait for them to come back in stock from newegg and potentially be blocked from being unlocked or spend the extra 30$ on this hm...

Or I could wait for the frozr III to come back in stock, how much is it on the canadian site?

I would say, if you really want it, you should get it now because it looks like availability is going to be limited at best.

But consider that for $300-330 you can just get a 6970. The only reason to get a 6950 is because there is the possibility of unlocking/overclocking to 6970 speeds for a lower price. If the price exceeds that of a 6970, there's absolutely no point.

So now that the Sapphire 6950 2GB Toxic might not be returning, what is another comparable card that is unlockable?

None of them are guaranteed to unlock, but I've heard the MSI Frozr III (linked above) has a good chance.

Just a heads up to those who may have missed my Hot Deals thread.

Newegg still has the Sapphire 6970 2gb for $300 AMIR -

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102918&Tpk=Sapphire 6970

Pretty damn good deal and I'd be willing to bet the Toxic and this card share the same PCB. So for roughly $20-$30 than what newegg charges you can pick-up a full blown 6970.

Thanks Blue, amazing how short a lifetime it looks like the Toxic will have, but since we've all been waiting over a month to get one ... this looks like a worthy replacement. Anyone know if you're getting any games with this?

Just a heads up to those who may have missed my Hot Deals thread.

Newegg still has the Sapphire 6970 2gb for $300 AMIR -

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102918&Tpk=Sapphire 6970

Pretty damn good deal and I'd be willing to bet the Toxic and this card share the same PCB. So for roughly $20-$30 than what newegg charges you can pick-up a full blown 6970.

So I looked over the newegg photo and my card and I dont see any differences except the color of the PCB. Mine is a dark blue/green. Unless Newegg is using some funky lighting I think the boards are significantly different colors. The 'test pass' stamp is different also and I can't read the 'w44' stamp on mine. Everything else looks the same though.

For the price of that 6970, though, you might as well just get that. Guaranteed 6970 shaders and performance.

hey guys

toxic 6950 for 288 shipped AR @ tigerdirect or sapphire 2gb 6970 for 310 AR @ amazon ?

WoW the card came in stock on newegg.ca I got the auto notify message, I found out 20 mins later and its out of stock.

I'm surprised that the Toxic is not sold out on TigerDirect. Anything wrong with TD? I was planning on buying one.

I got the auto-notify email for Newegg (US)

Checked immediately...still deactivated. You can't even find it anymore on Newegg's search, either.

:rolleyes:

Very glad I didn't wait for this. What a joke.

@B3 thats because Tiger takes the order and then checks their stock after placing the CC charge on your card... Then in 24-36 hours they let you know they are out of stock and you are placed in backorder... Then it takes them 4-7 days to refund your money...

Yea I just bought one whoo! If anyone else buys one let me know if yours unlocks!

Last edited:
I just ordered one too! Have been waiting for these to come up for a while. Does anyone know how the Vapor-X cooler on the Toxic compares to the MSI TF3? It was a tough decision going between the two, but the easy (hopefully) unlockability of the Toxic won over.

I'm just a bit concerned about temps and quietness now. Hopefully it won't be too bad.

I just ordered one too! Have been waiting for these to come up for a while. Does anyone know how the Vapor-X cooler on the Toxic compares to the MSI TF3? It was a tough decision going between the two, but the easy (hopefully) unlockability of the Toxic won over.

I'm just a bit concerned about temps and quietness now. Hopefully it won't be too bad.

Yeah I really hope they didnt make it so these don't unlock anymore.

Yeah I really hope they didnt make it so these don't unlock anymore.

I doub that will happen though. Seems pretty late in its life cycle to make a new revision. The BIOSes nowadays are all fixed though, right?

Well mine is shipping all the way from los angeles to toronto canada, anyone know how long that takes? I am praying that it comes in tact, I really do not want to have to RMA :(

Back