Sapphire 5970's In Stock at Newegg.. .. for now..

god i hate when newegg puts cards up on the US site but not the canadian site. seriously its BS

They didnt charge enough. Should had them at $999.99 and .01 shipping ;)

Then they might have been in stock for a few more hours.

Exactly what games benefit from 5970s in Xfire?

If hardly anything, then why not just CF 5870s?

I'm about to put together a quad-core system and etc., but I'm planning on just getting another 5870 and doing CF of them. Better than a 5970, and barely anything benefits from CF 5970s, and you probably need to run benchmarks to see the benefit...

(And yes, I'm putting it all in a big enough case that should I change my mind, I can throw 5970s into it...)

5970 now and Quad later when u need it

Two 5870s are currently better right now though, and the price is right, too...

Fact that I already have a 5870's perhaps playing into the decision as well...

(Hope I don't need another CPU upgrade by that time... [email protected] will hopefully do...)

I think quad is overrated, but 5970 is a sweet spot if you can't crossfire or don't want to deal with the space/heat issues.

I'm setting up my 2nd 5870 for crossfire, but I don't think anything actually requires all that power unless you run massive resolutions/aa or eyefinity.

5870's are actually able to stay in stock these days, so it is probably the best you can do for now. A single 5870 will last a good while I think.

LOL!! Yeah it's only money right.. I picked some off the tree in the backyard this morning!! :D

My money tree is dormant until spring. :(

Actually, it'll be a very cold day in hell before I pay over $200 for a video card.

I think quad is overrated, but 5970 is a sweet spot if you can't crossfire or don't want to deal with the space/heat issues.

My E7400 currently is the bottleneck on my system with my single 5870. Overclocking the E7400 from 2.8 to 3.8 helps, but the dual-core CPU is still the bottleneck.

It's not over-rated at all. Anything less is a bottleneck, even for a game like Doom 3, which is 5.5 years old now.

So going 5870 CF or 5970 on my system would make no sense.

Yeah I see they are back in @ the Egg.. I am trying sooo hard not to buy 3 monitors and get down w/ the Eyefinity.. I need to get a tourniquet on my computer spending..

My money tree is dormant until spring. :(

Actually, it'll be a very cold day in hell before I pay over $200 for a video card.

Haha I spent just a little over $200 for my card and I was exhausted after that. I guess we just don't have fat enough wallets.

there is one on ebay buy it now for $699 + 15 shipping - 8% bing.

My E7400 currently is the bottleneck on my system with my single 5870. Overclocking the E7400 from 2.8 to 3.8 helps, but the dual-core CPU is still the bottleneck.

It's not over-rated at all. Anything less is a bottleneck, even for a game like Doom 3, which is 5.5 years old now.

So going 5870 CF or 5970 on my system would make no sense.

i think he meant quad crossfire, not a quad core processor.

As much as I'd love it, I get great FPS at 1900x1200 out of my GTS 250 in source engine games, which is the majority of what I play. I really, REALLY want to justify the $700... I just can't, no matter how hard I try. Ok I don't get 32AA.... but I still get to play ~60FPS at 1900x1200.

I guess it depends on the games one plays...

BTW the link showed in stock for me.

i think he meant quad crossfire, not a quad core processor.

5970 now and Quad later when u need it

Indeed, I shoulda quoted Omegas. QuadXfire has always shown limited returns for all the trouble and investment you have to go through. Although that top 1% of hardcore people will happily fork out the cash for it.

Quad-core processors I somehow justify, loving the i7 920 and the x3350 I had. But even those don't have the premium cost that a 5970 quadfire would entail (1300 retail, 1400-1500+ with the current scarcity).

newegg is always about the price arent they? i mean seriously, these 5 series ATI cards are like gold... i hate to say it but i also think they should just charge 300% over msrp. you know SOMEONE will pay it.

Haha I spent just a little over $200 for my card and I was exhausted after that. I guess we just don't have fat enough wallets.

I was tempted by the $265 5850's with Dirt 2 included, but I resisted. I only have one game that really needs more omphh then my 4870 has so at this point it's just not worth it..... to me.

Back