Sapphire 5870 - Newegg in stock

Can't really blame people. I would have bought them all if i saw this while in stock. Can sell each one on ebay for an easy $200 profit

Can't really blame people. I would have bought them all if i saw this while in stock. Can sell each one on ebay for an easy $200 profit

No offense, but if you did, I'd hope no one here would bid on them. Raping people for that much is wrong and pretty frowned upon here on the [H]. (from what I have seen)

"Limit 1 per customer"

Oh, they are back in stock for those that care to purchase... ;)

No offense, but if you did, I'd hope no one here would bid on them. Raping people for that much is wrong and pretty frowned upon here on the [H]. (from what I have seen)
How is it wrong? It's simply capitalism at it's best... supply and demand.

shit yeah. i know now, if i can find one of these for this price i will buy it- and resell it on ebay for a profit that will almost completely offset the cost of a 5850.

So let's say you get one of these and list it for a reasonable (in your opinion), price. Then people who really want it end up driving the price up beyond $500. I suppose since it is somehow immoral youll just cancel the auction, or refund the difference?

It's Ebay... It's an auction (unless that's a BIN price). It's not like Best Buy or some retailer listing them at that price. It is people bidding on and driving the price up, you could say it is the very consumers that are fucking themselves.

Some of you (myself included maybe) sound like you're on the right soapbox, just the wrong corner :)

As the 4870x2s don't support Eyefinity or DX11, it is definitely a no brainer to buy a faster cooler running 5870...

Actually, the best deal is probably waiting for a 5850 to go on sale for the mid $200s and overclocking it.

This forum makes me feel gross sometimes.
Capitalism at it's best. @!$@ your friends and family, take care of yourself.

Is anyone forcing them to buy it? Then I don't understand the issue. I won't buy it for that price, but some people have money to burn and/or a lack of patience. Is a Cadillac Escalade worth a $20k+ premium over a Suburban? To me it's not, but to some it is.

I think you really need to get off your high-horse. Your position is really indefensible.

ETA 1/12? Hopefully that's not an accurate estimate :eek: Oh, nvm it's just that model. A lot of others look like they'll be back in stock in a few days.

I just sold mine on ebay for $600! i haven't even recieved the card yet.

Lol, now that the real-estate market is dead it's time to flip rare video cards.

I just sold mine on ebay for $600! i haven't even recieved the card yet.

i really dont see anything wrong with it either. you bought low and found someone to buy high. now, maybe someone here really wanted a 5870 for $350, and they would actually use it, but the guy you just sold it to for $600 obviously wants it more and why should he be left out?

I think P.T. summed it up best, there is one born every minute.

ATI has really shot itself in the foot on this release. Flood the market and dominate. NO WE WILL F them for more on each one. Missing about 60% of their sales on this mess.
Maybe they are just trying to be Nvidia.

ATI has really shot itself in the foot on this release. Flood the market and dominate. NO WE WILL F them for more on each one. Missing about 60% of their sales on this mess.

actually they're having yield problems due to their chip supplier TSMC sucking a big dick the last two months. there's not really much ATI can do about it.

Because putting billions of transistors on a tiny piece of silicon really only requires an illegal with a laser pointer working in your backyard shed, right? :rolleyes:

Yea, it's not like ATI wants to have a bunch of customers wanting to buy $300-$600 video cards and not having the inventory to sell them.

Slightly off topic: I am interested to see how Charlie spins this to be Nvidia's fault. You know he will find a way.

Just got a HIS 5870 for $409 that was in stock for about 13 minutes!

Starting bidding on ebay at $450, BIN $550. Hey, I gotta pay for Christmas presents somehow!

/cue haters

i ordered one when i first saw it, credit charged. Other then that not sure if i got one in time.

EDIT

Yep shipped woot

Last edited:
Back