Sapphire 5850 in at Newegg..

Yup it's OOS fast as I suspected. I just couldn't pull the trigger cos I want the beastly 5970!

Sapps are looking to be back for purchase right now. I'm thinking people are cancelling their orders to get the XFXs.

Also: OOS again. keep refreshing friends

Last edited:
Sapps are looking to be back for purchase right now. I'm thinking people are cancelling their orders for the XFXs

yup that's what I just did. Unfortunately, gotta wait till Paypal funds get replenished before I can order the XFX's (which of course will be out by that time).:mad:

Just an inquiry (i don't live in the us so don't accuse me of this) are people snapping up the in stock cards and then selling them on for profit?

Just an inquiry (i don't live in the us so don't accuse me of this) are people snapping up the in stock cards and then selling them on for profit?

Hard to tell. There's a limit of 2 per customer though.

I briefly considered 5850 Tri-fire, but then I realized that only the 5970 can do Eyefinity in Crossfire out of the box. Woulda been hella fast though. :)

Out of stock now. I was hoping that this was a sign that supply was picking up.

Out of stock now. I was hoping that this was a sign that supply was picking up.

Didn't kyle say in an article that it was going to pick up a bit soon? or are you actually looking for a sign that says on it "supply picking up soon" :p

But hopefully it does pick up faster.

went through a shitload of hassle getting my credit limit increased to get an xfx 5850 and as soon as i get off the phone and refresh, changed to OOS ><

EDIT:just found that tigerdirect has sapphire 5850's in stock, just snagged one finally. too bad tigerdirects shipping sucks compared to newegg, and it'll be a week before i get my card now.

Last edited:
Seems like the VisionTeks are still around. I'm refreshing my shopping cart constantly with the 5850 in there, waiting for ANY 5870 to pop up.

I really don't want to settle in this case, but I'm itching bad. Someone restrain my credit card grabbing hand.

Seems like the VisionTeks are still around. I'm refreshing my shopping cart constantly with the 5850 in there, waiting for ANY 5870 to pop up.

I really don't want to settle in this case, but I'm itching bad. Someone restrain my credit card grabbing hand.

If I were you, I'd wait for the XFX version to come back in stock. Way better warranty and customer service. I lucked out on the XFX when they came in yesterday.

They won't be around for long. Visiontek is certainly better than sapphire.

If I were you, I'd wait for the XFX version to come back in stock. Way better warranty and customer service. I lucked out on the XFX when they came in yesterday.

I had the XFX 5850 in my cart yesterday, but couldn't bring myself to bite. I really want a 5870 for some reason.

I'm thinking I'll jump on any 5870 at this point. Any other piece I may need for my new rig will be easy to find, and I've never had a video card conk out on me. *knocks on wood*

EDIT: Might not have been the XFX yesterday, thought it was though...

Back