Sapphire 290/290x TRIXX Voltage ControL Missing

SonDa5

Supreme [H]ardness
I'm thinking about returning my 290x. I bought the Sapphire brand and at the time I ordered it the Sapphire WEB site stated that the card supported TRIXX voltage control. Got the card and even on the box it states the same thing.

So I'm getting close to my 30 day return window. I like the card but I'm not satisfied about the lack of TRIXX voltage control as promised.

Am I over reacting? Should I be patient and wait?

If I return it I can wait a few weeks and possibly get and improved PCB designed one.

I have 2 days left to return this card.

its coming, w1zzard is a busy man

use AB in the meantime, beta17 has voltage control

its coming, w1zzard is a busy man

use AB in the meantime, beta17 has voltage control

With HD7950 series I got hooked on TRIXX. No other voltage control software worked as good as TRIXX for my Sapphire HD7950 950mhz Edition.

I posted about this problem at Overclock.net and a Sapphire representative responded.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1444892/sapphire-290-290x-trixx-voltage-control-missing#post_21245117

A new version of Trixx is in development as we speak and has actually entered testing. Since the 290 design uses a very different method of control crossed a number of different settings it has meant a bit more care needs to go into the integration of these features with the existing Trixx software.

This pleased me quite a bit but I already got a an RMA ticket for a refund because of the problem.

I have 7 days to return it for a refund. I hope Sapphire gets the TRIXX software working soon but if they don't I may end up getting a different 290 series card. Still intrested in the AIB cards.

Being that the TRIXX software is nearly complete leads me to believe that the new AIB 290 series cards from SApphire are soon to follow.

I'm using the latest Afterburner 3.0 beta 17 and the voltage control works quite nicely.
Prior to this beta my MSI 290X card would not go past 1100. Now I have a nice stable 1200 with just a small voltage tweak.

Just use afterburner until Trixx comes out with the update, is it really that difficult?

Am I over reacting?

i think you are. use AB in the meantime or be patient and ride it out until trixx is released. it sounds like you want to RMA so you can get a non-reference card.

W1zzard us conspicuously silent in the TPU formums, so i would guess he is hard at work.

It wont be long now.

Back