Santa Needs Assistance Selecting Monitor

CharlesIII

n00b
All,

I recently picked up a new GPU (EVGA GTX 1070) for my son's gaming rig (was a birthday present from me and his grandparents). Here is a link to the card we purchased:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KVZBNY0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

He uses one of my old 27" 1080p gaming monitors currently and I'd like to find him an upgrade for Christmas. Im looking to stay around 300 dollars but I'd really like to get a 2560 x 1440 display if possible. Can you guys recommend a budget gaming monitor?

Thanks in advance !!

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
^ Completely agree with the above suggestion, I would also get a 144 Hz Samsung VA monitor with Quantum Dots for the contrast and overall image quality.

Great monitor suggestion . Does this guy ever go on sale or should I just pull the trigger now?
Looks like the monitor just came out and is already budget priced, I wouldn't expect a huge discount. However Black Friday is coming up soon, so you never know.

I didn't see any from Samsung. However there are some flat ones from lesser known brands in the same price range.

Well the MSI is bigger, so that is nice. Both are VA panels, so should have nice picture quality.

Back