Sans Digital TR4M+BNC 4 bay e-sata with PMP $59.99 @ EggBiz.

/dev/null

[H]F Junkie
Link

It's $99.99 at normal newegg and $119.98 @ amazon

Also:TR8M+B is $279.99 @ egg, $239.99 at newegg biz

Can anyone comment on this particular enclosure? I am running two 3gb externals in separate enclosures and would love to migrate them to one.
Would I be able to put 4 WD Green drives in this or should I be using the Reds in a RAID setup?

Last one I owned had issues during heavy "Writes" on the drives. It would disconnect and reboot itself. Reading had no issues tho. Switched to the Vantec HX4 and my Write problems went away.

I even RMA'ed it for another one and the problem was still there.. Tried swaping my PCIe ESATA card too and it still happened. If you look in the reviews I bet you will find similar issues.

I don't recommend this bay at all..

I have 4 of the TR4M-BNC. Been flawless with SI-3132 based cards in freebsd, EXCEPT I just had 2 power supplies die in the last 2 days. I bought thse(TR4M+BNC) to replace...I think both that died were bought in 2012...so got about 2 years out of them.

No issues with heavy writes/reads on FreeBSD Sil-3132

Edit: They were bought in March of 2011, so I got about 3.5 years out of them...
I bought another in 2010. Not sure which is which but at least 1 of them is still running. THey outlasted MANY hard drives...

Last edited:
I have two of the RAID5 versions, dead PSU just before 1 year. They cost $60 to replace (the PSU alone).

I would steer clear of these TBH.

Back