sandybridge

Modder man

[H]ard|Gawd
when will we start to see sandybridge laptops.

if there are already out call me stupid maybe i am just not looking in the right place

Calling you stupid! :p

They are starting to ship as we speak. Dell XPS has them, Sager/Clevo builds are starting to ship to customers as well.

A month ago, these chip sets were recalled and shipments stopped. Just about week ago, did vendors start shipping with the fixed chip set.

Yes, I know. That too was why I created the thread, for discussion.

From the thread I linked to:
pwrusr said:
...I figured you guys would like a place to discuss news/reviews for the new sandy bridge mobile platform.

I was linking the OP to the thread because I thought that it was a little more helpful then creating yet another thread on sandybridge. There is some current content in the thread and I plan to update it very shortly with some more laptops that have the sandybridge platform.

Yeah it seems huge and I never thought I'd be getting something that big but when I came across it today I just had to pull the trigger and order it. I've heard good things about Toshiba's reliability and customer service so I'm hoping & praying I made a good purchase decision.

That sure is big :D
cool thing it's also 1920x1080 (It'd better be with a screen that size!)

Toshiba's make good stuff from all I've seen, unless you get a lemon you'll likely be ok with it :cool:

Yeah, I am actually happy with that resolution considering the GPU and screen size. I was hoping by now they would have it equipped with the 485M but those are still high priced so I wouldn't have been able to get it for the price I did anyway if did come with the 485M.

Thank you for the reassurance btw :)

Back