Sandy Bridge HTPC builds

Headcase_Fargone

Limp Gawd
What's the current concensus on the Sandy Bridge platform for HTPC purposes? Last I checked they were having some chipset issues which a recall has supposedly fixed. I've also seen mention that a new chipset is due out sometime this year.

So what's everyone doing right now? Is the new chipset worth the wait? I'm looking at a Mini-ITX build using the build-in video. Any known issues with Sandy Bridge video or audio for HTPC use?

Appreciate any info you guys can give. I've dug around for this but haven't seen anything terribly recent.

My SB 2100 HTPC rocks. Glad I went with this setup as I'm finding I'm doing a whole lot more with it than I thought i would.

Also, what of all the judder talk I hear about playing 23.976 fps video on a Sandy Bridge-based HTPC? Is that a problem anyone here has actually run into, or is it overblown?

I'm just about ready to pull the trigger on a complete build, just looking for some re-assurance.

Also, what of all the judder talk I hear about playing 23.976 fps video on a Sandy Bridge-based HTPC? Is that a problem anyone here has actually run into, or is it overblown?

I'm just about ready to pull the trigger on a complete build, just looking for some re-assurance.

I just finished a 2100 HTPC build with a Biostar TH67+. I had a slight issue with running my copied DVDs from my WHS2011 box (there was stuttering when running through HDMI), but that was fixed with updated chipset drivers. The system's video output from the Home Server's storage, my BD drive, and Ceton InfiniTV4 are all perfect now. I'm extremely happy with it.

Back