SanDisk Ultra USB 3.0 Flash Drive $19.99 - $19.00 = $.99

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice find! In for one. Had it shipped to the store so I didn't have to pay the $10 shipping. Estimated delivery is June 21st - the wait begins.

None available at the one Staples here in my area (Las Vegas) but that's not really a surprise. I went there a few days ago since it's next to Fry's Electronics where I was actually going to get a 64GB microSD card for $14.99 - Staples had the same exact card (matching model/part number) but wanted ~$30 for it. I really can't comprehend how they stay in business at all. I usually check out the "clearance" item section where they have stuff that just never sells for some reason and they had some items like a large 3-ring binder for $9 - I mean really, the damned thing is worth like $3 at best and they sell it regularly for $11.99 so the clearance price was $8.99 and I just laughed about it.

Only thing in the whole damned place that I wanted was a nice Cross Tech 3 pen (has a capacitive stylus tip on the end and I love Cross pens, always have) in matte blue but they were out of stock on those.

They also have a Microsoft Surface mousepad (one provided for store purposes) which wasn't even being used in a Microsoft display in the store and I asked one of the workers if they'd sell me the mousepad and the girl just looked at me like I was crazy or something and said "I'm sorry, we can't sell that to you..." and I walked out. Been there many times, only saw one good deal one time years ago right after they opened but haven't seen anything since. Fry's typically will put a 128GB USB 3.0 stick on sale for $24-30 every other week (using a promo code you get from their email club thing), but then again that's Fry's.

Baffles me how Staples and even Office Depot stay in business with that massive bloated pricing, I'll never quite understand it.

It's dead as of 11AM. I think once the stores opened and employees noticed all the pickup orders, they killed it. Too bad....I was about to head over there.

This seemed to work for me at around 12:30. I ordered 9. It appeared dead earlier today because the product was labeled out of stock, but it came back in stock later. I also bought some Lowes gift cards at 10% off and specified ship to home with free shipping.

Baffles me how Staples and even Office Depot stay in business with that massive bloated pricing, I'll never quite understand it.

Because they're not catering to bargain shoppers and Slickdeals cheapskates. They're catering to business/office customers that need something in a hurry and will pay whatever.

Refusing to yield to excessive markup for a ubiquitous piece of technology at a mass retailer does not make one a cheapskate. Your position does make your opinion antiquated and indefensibly outdated, however. Long live your right to insensible opinion, friend.

Unfortunately item SanDisk USB, was priced incorrectly on Staples.com. Your order for this item will not be processed and you will not be charged. We have taken steps to correct this error on our site.

Bummer. Oh well

that figures! I tried for 20 of them lol

I wasn't holding my breath though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back