Sandisk Ultra II 960GB SSD - $135

Dark12

[H]ard|Gawd
Had $25 worth of points on my amazon visa. Came out to $117 with one day shipping.

Finally time to move past my 250gb current gen drive limit! Not sure if I should keep OS on my 256gb samsung 840pro or move it on to this. I don't mean to hijack thread, but any advice?

Either way thanks op!

cageymaru

Fully [H]
Crucial MX300 750GB SATA 2.5 Inch Internal Solid State Drive - CT750MX300SSD1
Amazon.com: Crucial MX300 750GB SATA 2.5 Inch Internal Solid State Drive - CT750MX300SSD1: Computers & Accessories

$139.99

Seagate 4TB Gaming SSHD(Solid State Hybrid Drive) SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache 3.5-Inch Internal Bare Drive (ST4000DX001)
Amazon.com: Seagate 4TB Gaming SSHD(Solid State Hybrid Drive) SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache 3.5-Inch Internal Bare Drive (ST4000DX001): Computers & Accessories

$116.99 There is a code on the page for a free copy of Far Cry Primal.

Sennheiser HD 598 Special Edition Over-Ear Headphones - Black
Amazon.com: Sennheiser HD 598 Special Edition Over-Ear Headphones - Black: Home Audio & Theater

$109.

Samsung UN55KU6600 Curved 55-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV (2016 Model)
Amazon.com: Samsung UN55KU6600 Curved 55-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV (2016 Model): Electronics

$649

Samsung U28E590D 28-Inch UHD LED-Lit Monitor (FreeSync)
Amazon.com: Samsung U28E590D 28-Inch UHD LED-Lit Monitor: Computers & Accessories

$299

LG 34UM68-P 34-Inch 21:9 UltraWide IPS Monitor with FreeSync
Amazon.com: LG 34UM68-P 34-Inch 21:9 UltraWide IPS Monitor with FreeSync: Computers & Accessories

$349.00

Huawei Nexus 6P unlocked smartphone, 64GB Silver (US Warranty)
Amazon.com: Huawei Nexus 6P unlocked smartphone, 64GB Silver (US Warranty): Cell Phones & Accessories

$403.75

Hisense 43H7C2 43-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV (2016 Model)
Amazon.com: Hisense 43H7C2 43-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV (2016 Model): Electronics

$299

Amazon Echo, Fire Stick, Kindles, etc on sale.
Amazon.com: Fire & Kindle Deals: Kindle Store

Cottonelle CleanCare Toilet Paper Bath Tissue, 36 Family Rolls
Amazon.com: Cottonelle CleanCare Toilet Paper Bath Tissue, 36 Family Rolls: Health & Personal Care

~ $15 after the 20% off. Subscribe and Save for another 15% off.

Amazon Warehouse Deals has 20% to 40% off stuff without having to use a coupon like before.
Warehouse Deals | Deep Discounts on Open-Box, and Used Products from Amazon

Seagate SATA 6Gb/s 3.5-Inch 4TB Desktop HDD (ST4000DM000)
Amazon.com: Seagate SATA 6Gb/s 3.5-Inch 4TB Desktop HDD (ST4000DM000): Computers & Accessories

$83 but it is only has a 5900 rpm spindle speed.

Last edited:

cageymaru

Fully [H]
There is a 1500w UPS coming up, Corsair has power supplies, Corsair cases, ton of stuff. Been up all night; otherwise I'd dig them up and link.

Nite!

I have $49.15 on my Amazon Chase. I would snag this up in an instant if I had Prime. This would be perfect in my laptop to replace the 250GB 850 EVO that's almost completely out of space. Guessing... I could probably join Prime and cancel in a month. I'll have to look into it when I get home.

swetmore

Supreme [H]ardness
Very tempting, but there are above average reports of failures with this drive

brentsg

[H]ard|Gawd
I had an issue with one of the 960 Extreme Pro SSDs and Sandisk gave me all kinds of runaround when it failed and I tried to RMA it. I finally gave up and it's in a junk drawer here somewhere, bought a Samsung. Not sure if it's typical butI won't buy another.

EchoWars

Limp Gawd
I had an issue with one of the 960 Extreme Pro SSDs and Sandisk gave me all kinds of runaround when it failed and I tried to RMA it. I finally gave up and it's in a junk drawer here somewhere, bought a Samsung. Not sure if it's typical butI won't buy another.
Was tempted as well, but reminded myself that long ago I swore I'd buy only Samsung.

850 Pro FTW.

TType85

[H]ard|Gawd

I had the opposite experience with them on a 240GB a few years back. I had an extremely smooth RMA process and ended up getting a Extreme Pro back (was not an Extreme Pro that I sent in). I have 2-3 240's still kicking around and working fine, 2 480's and the 960 coming.

brentsg

[H]ard|Gawd
I had the opposite experience with them on a 240GB a few years back. I had an extremely smooth RMA process and ended up getting a Extreme Pro back (was not an Extreme Pro that I sent in). I have 2-3 240's still kicking around and working fine, 2 480's and the 960 coming.

That's good to hear. They fucking exhausted me with sending them troubleshooting info and just wore me down... We're talking weeks.

Maybe because it was a very expensive drive at the time, who knows. I finally said listen, it's the drive and needs to be replaced or I'll have to buy something else. Didn't have time to continue b/c it was a work machine. They basically said go for it. Naturally it solved the problem. I think Asus and Sandisk are my only 2 RMA horror stories.

TType85

[H]ard|Gawd
That's good to hear. They fucking exhausted me with sending them troubleshooting info and just wore me down... We're talking weeks.

Maybe because it was a very expensive drive at the time, who knows. I finally said listen, it's the drive and needs to be replaced or I'll have to buy something else. Didn't have time to continue b/c it was a work machine. They basically said go for it. Naturally it solved the problem. I think Asus and Sandisk are my only 2 RMA horror stories.

I hate when that type of stuff happens. I avoid Asus most of the time due to RMA issues too. I had to RMA a Zotac GTX970 and it was smooth, although, I need to RMA the replacement....

caw2007

[H]ard|Gawd
I grabbed one of these and 2 x 4TB of the hybrid Seagate drives to replace all the various storage in my main box (i have two RAID 1 arrays and two 1TB Samsung HDDs). Lots of power and lots of space. Trying to make room for another watercooled GTX 980 Ti in my FT-02.

I have a Sandisk 480GB Ultra II that has given me zero issues..

jolli

Gawd
I bit on the 750GB MX300 earlier after deciding to cancel the SanDisk (decided to go with the newer drive, and Crucial has yet to fail on me).

I know it's not the greatest drive by any measure, but it only needs to serve as game storage. Not a bad deal after the prime day discount, the Amazon Visa discount, and the gift card bonus. If you count the gift card bonus as cash, made it less than a $100 bucks!

Net Prowler

[H]ard|Gawd
I bit on the 750GB MX300 earlier after deciding to cancel the SanDisk (decided to go with the newer drive, and Crucial has yet to fail on me).

I know it's not the greatest drive by any measure, but it only needs to serve as game storage. Not a bad deal after the prime day discount, the Amazon Visa discount, and the gift card bonus. If you count the gift card bonus as cash, made it less than a $100 bucks!

What was list price today?

Loving the SSD prices finally going down

AGREED!

Net Prowler

[H]ard|Gawd
NVM, I meant for yesterday (ie prime day). Turns out I can't read properly and missed the price above ($140). :facepalm::meh:

Thanks for the normal price range though... good to know.

Nick_Leo

[H]ard|Gawd
Got mine the other day. Heres a speed comparison vs my 850 evo. Faster read than the samsung but writes a little slower. Cant beat it for $140. Samsung is the first pic.

bCelfi0.jpg
oSwdFrN.jpg

Lateralus

More [H]uman than Human
I wonder how the Sandisk looks when it has the same % of space occupied.

Even if it slows down some, it's hard to argue with 960GB for $135. I agree that it would be interesting to see how these fare under similar circumstances.

BadmAu5

Weaksauce
i want to kick myself for missing this deal... damn thing is $229 now

thesmokingman

Supreme [H]ardness
I'm running two of these in RAID 0 from prime day. They are pretty fast but they still get eaten alive by the 950 m2 drive.

Lateralus

More [H]uman than Human
I'm running two of these in RAID 0 from prime day. They are pretty fast but they still get eaten alive by the 950 m2 drive.

I'm running a 950 Pro as my boot drive and it does scream, but I wish I had two of these in R0 for my Steam/data drive. The ol' 1TB 850 EVO won't hold all of my games but that's OK - I've decided to go all SSD so I took my 4TB HDD out when I did my new build and will dump what's on it to my NAS. Now I just need another 1-2TB SSD to have enough space to not need a spinning disk. Pretty cool that SSDs are affordable enough now that having mechanical storage in your rig is no longer necessary (for a lot of people).

thesmokingman

Supreme [H]ardness
I'm running a 950 Pro as my boot drive and it does scream, but I wish I had two of these in R0 for my Steam/data drive. The ol' 1TB 850 EVO won't hold all of my games but that's OK - I've decided to go all SSD so I took my 4TB HDD out when I did my new build and will dump what's on it to my NAS. Now I just need another 1-2TB SSD to have enough space to not need a spinning disk. Pretty cool that SSDs are affordable enough now that having mechanical storage in your rig is no longer necessary (for a lot of people).

I still run a platter drive for dumping downloads, temp files, and slow games etc stuff I don't want to waste on ssd. Even with a 2TB SSD RAID 0, it wouldn't fit my steam library so a platter is still mandatory for me.

tesfaye

2[H]4U
Damn, I missed out on this due to work and my habit of reading a thousand reviews before I buy something. I added it to cart immediately, but by the time I attempted to check out the price went up. Oh well, but I figure hey, I just put 500GB in for Steam, I can delete what I'm not playing. I was tempted to poke fun at folks keeping a >1TB Steam Library, but being the type that likes convenience, I see the benefit. I won't hesitate next time.