SanDisk Extreme SSD Storage Review @ [H]

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
SanDisk Extreme SSD Storage Review - The SanDisk Extreme 240GB is SanDisk's SandForce-powered SSD. Featuring Toggle Mode NAND and the SF-2181 with the latest firmware we give the SanDisk Extreme a spin. How does it stand up to its enthusiast competitors in terms of steady state and out of the box performance?

Neat. If they can get the warranty up to 5 years I think I know which brand my next SSD upgrade will be with.

For me, purchasing multiple Sandisk Extreme 240's was a no-brainer.

The sale prices have been as low as $130 or $100 with Staples rewards (yes, for the 240GB model).
This drive has been on sale <$160 frequently. That made it easy to pursuade 3 friends to buy one as well. It is easily the best bang/buck ssd on the market for >128GB.

With the recent and consistent sales for the Samsung 830 128GB, it is also appealing for the budget minded, but 240GB is a substantial increase and allows gamers to have many more games installed on the ssd.

Maybe I am just out of the loop in terms of devices but I was really shocked to not see an intel SSD compared in this trial. I just bought a 240 for only $12 more than mentioned for the price listed for the sandisk

Maybe I am just out of the loop in terms of devices but I was really shocked to not see an intel SSD compared in this trial. I just bought a 240 for only $12 more than mentioned for the price listed for the sandisk

Mb they figure it's the same SF controller but Intel has THE best firmware for these it seems...and the Intel SSD toolbox which does plenty and lets you rip it one with a TRIM pass VIA the optimiser..I mentioned these Sandisk drives months ago, price was unbelievable for the 480GB, under $400..

Hmmm... I just thought trim was a feature that either worked or didn't. All I've done with my previous 80 was run it out the box, however the new 240 should be waiting for me at home, perhaps I should look into this?

TRIM should work without being manually triggered on WIN7 and now 8 as well. The TRIM "button" is there primarily for users who are using operating systems that do not feature TRIM.

Back